Office of Information Technology
Whether you call us Information Technology or ITS:, you can find all things CC technology-related here. Welcome!
|Remote support||Register devices||Classroom request|
|Post to Digests||Computer lab info||Purchase technology|
|Single Sign-In||Off campus connect||Reset your password|
Greetings new students and welcome to Colorado College from your friends in ITS:!
We wanted to send you a quick note about what to do when you arrive on campus to get your devices connected to the network, as well as a few other common things you will likely want to do.
- Connect your computer / phone / tablet to “WiOfTheTiger.” Once it connects, open a web browser and go through the basic registration process. If the registration page does not appear, try loading google.com and it should redirect you to the registration page.
- For some devices, such as game consoles and Apple TVs or Chromecasts, you’ll need to register those from your computer once it’s online.
- We recommend plugging into Ethernet when possible for the best experience (when in your room, for example).
- We use a product called Papercut. Once installed, you can print to Papercut and then release your job from any Papercut-enabled printer on campus with your Gold Card. There’s usually at least one Papercut printer in every major building.
- Once you arrive on campus and get your computer connected, we recommend following the instructions to install Papercut.
Email on your phone
- See our instructions for setting up your CC email on your phone (note the links with specific instructions for iPhones and Androids).
- We don’t recommend using the Outlook app, but instead the built-in “mail” app that all smartphones have.
ITS: Help Desk
- We are located in the SW corner of Tutt Library South and are open 8-5, M-F. Feel free to drop in and ask for help or give us a call at 719.389.6449, email us at email@example.com, follow us on twitter (@itsatcc), and like us on facebook facebook.com/coloradocollegeits (we use the social media channels to post announcements of outages / fixes / and warning of scams).
- In addition to general tech help, we also offer Apple repair services at the Help Desk (for example, fixing cracked glass on an iPhone screen or replacing a bad hard drive on a macbook).
- We will be available during move-in weekend to assist you from 11-1 in the major dorms and open until 6 at the Help Desk.
Our current wired and wireless network was designed and built in 2007, and the 8-year old design and technology is showing its age. We are creating a new wired and wireless network to meet the demands of the future.
Update (9/1/16) - Piece #2 complete in Van Briggle (Facilities).