Replace Lost Immigration Documents

passport and visaLost or Stolen Passport

If your passport is lost or stolen, report the loss to the local police and get a copy of the police report. To replace your passport, contact your country's consulate or embassy within the U.S.

If your passport is lost or stolen outside the US, you must apply for a new F-1 or J-1 visa at the nearest US consulate after you get your replacement passport.

If your passport is lost or stolen inside the US, you must get a new F-1 or J-1 visa the next time you travel internationally in order to return to the US as an F-1 or J-1 student. Remember, you can remain in the US without an F-1 or J-1 visa as long as your passport, I-20 or DS-2019, and I-94 are valid.

Lost, Damaged, or Stolen I-20 or DS-2019

ISSS can issue a replacement document for you. Please come to our advising hours with your passport and I-94 record and we can replace the missing document immediately.

Report an issue - Last updated: 12/17/2020