All applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission into the MAT program:
- Online Application
- Updated Resume
- Official transcript from every college/university you have attended - a transcript review will be conducted to confirm completion of all necessary prerequisites as indicated on the advising checklists.
- At least 3 letters of recommendation: One must be from an individual who can speak to your successful work with children in a public school classroom. One ideally will be academic in nature and the third from another individual who can speak to your potential success in a graduate program and/or as a classroom teacher.
- A 1-2 page essay responding to the following prompt: Tell me about a challenging educational experience in your life and how you handled it. What qualities to you possess that allowed you to persevere?
- Indicate when you did (or will) take the Praxis II content exam (please see Content Testing Requirements page)
Supplementary materials may be emailed per instructions on the application.
Early Action Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
Regular Action Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
Once your application is complete, you will be contacted to set up an in-person interview. Early applicants will be notified prior to Colorado College's Winter Break and regular action applicants will be notified by March 1st. Students will be expected to commit no later than April 1st to allow time to arrange a high quality, good fit placement for your year-long field experience.
If you wish to be considered for financial aid, please indicate so on your application and make sure you file the 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15, 2018. The application will be available as early as November 2017. Colorado College offers both need-based and merit-based scholarships, as well as federal loans. Please visit the Financial Aid Office's website for additional information.
Questions or Concerns Regarding Admission? Please contact Debra Yazulla Mortenson, Director of Teacher Educator Programs at 719-389-6472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the Department of Education
Browse all Departments & Programs
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Program
- Feminist and Gender Studies
- Film and Media Studies
- French and Italian
- Human Biology and Kinesiology
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology & Ecology
- Political Science
- Southwest Studies
- Theatre and Dance
- Asian Studies
- Comparative Literature
- The Departmental Major/International Affairs Option
- East Asian Languages
- Global Health Program
- Race, Ethnicity, and Migration Studies
- Russian and Eurasian Studies