While Colorado College is a private institution and our primary mission is to serve the educational needs of our students, we do make our collections open to the public as much as possible.
- Please note that our hours may seem irregular due to the nature of our academic calendar and the Colorado College Block Plan. Visitors must leave the building by 10:00 PM.
- Visitors to Tutt Library must enter through the library's main north and south entrances, which have ramps for accessibility.
- To ensure the security of library patrons, at certain times we ask visitors to show ID and sign in.
- Research librarians are happy to help library visitors, though our first priority is the Colorado College community.
- The public is welcome to use all collections, including Government Documents and Special Collections. You may wish to call or email those departments in advance to expedite your research. Research librarians can help patrons locate materials; research librarians and circulation staff will also retrieve items when necessary.
- To locate the library on campus and parking, see the linked maps.
In most cases, visitors to the library can use our databases while visiting the library and logged into a library computer (see computer use policy below). Due to contract restrictions, these databases are not available from off-campus for the public. Your local public library may provide similar databases to the ones available at Tutt Library.
Tutt Library welcomes public patrons to use the rich resources of our library to carry out research. There are two computers designated for public use that provide access to all the library’s resources.
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis (no reservations). However, CC students always have priority use of these computers, and during busy times you may be asked to surrender your computer if it is needed by a student. Ask at the Research Desk to be logged on. You must present a photo ID. Individuals are limited to one hour per day. No logins will be allowed 15 minutes before closing. Computers are only available during Research Desk hours.
Please limit your printed pages to a maximum of 20.
The primary purpose of this policy is to provide public access to academic library resources. We cannot support all of your computing needs. You may use the computers for all kinds of research, however the following activities are not allowed:
- Commercial activities (including eBay and day trading)
- Visiting adult Web sites
Privacy notice: Computers used by public patrons keep a history of searches until the computers are re-booted. Please be aware that these are public computers – be wary of disclosing account numbers and other sensitive private information.
Colorado College is a private institution and our primary mission is to serve the educational needs of our students. We reserve the right to permanently ban any public patron from the library and to refuse access to computers. Public patrons who are discovered using library equipment to visit adult Web sites will be reported to Campus Safety and will be banned from the library. Disruptive individuals or groups will be asked to leave. Other rule infractions may result in being asked to leave.
This policy includes, but is not limited to, Pikes Peak Library District patrons, Colorado Library Card holders, and other visitors who are not affiliated with Colorado College.