TODAY'S HOURS Closed
Borrowing Books During the COVID-19 Closure
Tutt Library and the Seay Library of Music and Art are pleased to announce that we will resume allowing faculty and staff to check out materials by request from the library collection. You can start requesting books through the catalog immediately (instructions below). We will be pulling these books once a week starting Monday, June 15, and books will be available to pick up in a no-contact environment starting Tuesday, June 16. Thereafter, any books you request should be available the Tuesday of the following week.
We have devised a procedure that we believe prioritizes your safety and the safety of library staff:
- Find the item you want to borrow using the CC library catalog: https://catalog.coloradocollege.edu/ or use the “Books & Media” search on the library home page. (Do not use OneSearch.)
- Click the link that says “Place hold."
- If you are not already logged in to the catalog, you will need to log in.
- You may be prompted to review your request and click “Confirm hold."
- Library staff will retrieve your book from the stacks on the Monday after you request it (starting 6/15). You will get a notice that the book is available starting the following day.
- Beginning Tuesday 6/16, from Tuesday through Sunday, 8AM to 8PM, you may enter the east door of the library (across from Palmer) with your Gold Card. In that entryway you will find your item(s) on hold for you, already checked out and ready for you to take. Mondays will be closed for pickup.
- You can also review your holds (and cancel them if necessary) by logging in to the catalog and clicking your name in the upper right.
Due to the difficulty of obtaining books from other libraries right now, we will not be resuming interlibrary loan for books. You may continue to place requests for interlibrary loan articles. When purchasing new books, we are strongly preferring ebooks over printed books this summer.
If you have any questions or experience any problems, please contact your liaison librarian, or you can chat with a reference librarian using the link on the library home page.