Borrowing Books During the COVID-19 Closure
You can request materials through the catalog at any time (instructions below). We will be pulling these materials regularly and we intend to have them available for you by the evening of the day after you place the request. The library will be closed on Saturdays, which will affect retrieval times.
We have devised a procedure that we believe prioritizes your safety and the safety of library staff. Watch the video or read the instructions below to learn how to make a request.
- Find the item you want to borrow using the CC library catalog: https://catalog.coloradocollege.edu/ or use the “Books & Media” search on the library home page. (Do not use OneSearch.)
- Click the link that says “Place hold."
- If you are not already logged in to the catalog, you will need to log in.
- You may be prompted to review your request and click “Confirm hold."
- Library staff will retrieve your book (see retrieval schedule above). You will get an email notice when the book is ready for you to pick up.
- You may pick up your items any time the library is open (check library website for current hours). On the shelves across from the Circulation Desk you will find your item(s) on hold for you, already checked out and ready for you to take. They are identified with a receipt that has the first four letters of your last name and the first four letters of your first name as a privacy protection measure. For example, Kathryn Mohrman would be "MohrKath"
- You can also review your holds (and cancel them if necessary) by logging in to the catalog and clicking your name in the upper right.
Curbside Pickup for Off-Campus Students
Since most students living off-campus are not authorized to use campus buildings, Tutt Library has instituted curbside pickup in the library parking lot for those students only. If you live off-campus, here is how you may request curbside pickup:
- Follow the usual instructions to request a boo (see above).
- Wait until you receive an email notice that your book or books are ready to pick up. Please don’t schedule a curbside pickup time before you have been notified your book is ready.
- Once your book is ready to pick up, log in to the library catalog. You can also log in from the library home page under Log in > My Library Account.
- At the left of your account page, click the tab titled “your curbside pickups.”
- On the “Curbside pickups” page, click “schedule a pickup.”
- Choose Tutt Library as your pickup library.
- Click in the “pickup date” field to first choose a date, then a time. We have limited pickup times; if those prove insufficient and we have available staff, the library will add additional times.
- Once you click “schedule pickup” you will see that it has been scheduled. You may cancel it if you need to reschedule.
- You will also receive an email reminder of your appointment date and time.
- During your pickup time window, come to the south edge of the C1 parking lot, just north of the library. Please wear a mask. Please don’t go elsewhere on campus if you aren’t authorized.
- Call the Circulation Desk at 719-389-6184 to let us know you are here (this number will also be in your email reminder). We will come out with your books shortly, which are already checked out to you.
If you have any questions or experience any problems, please contact your liaison librarian, or you can chat with a reference librarian using the link above.