Charles L. Tutt Library
Monday-Friday: 9-12 and 1-5
(except when Tutt Library is closed).
Contact Special Collections
Tutt Library, 1021 N. Cascade Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Special Collections and Archives
Colorado College Special Collections maintains collections of rare books, special editions, manuscripts, ephemera, and published and archival material on Colorado, Colorado Springs, and Colorado College. Many of our materials are available digitally. We support the college’s thematic minor in book studies, offered since 2009. Our policies and forms are here.
Find Special Collections Materials
Your search is limited to Special Collections materials only.
Rare Books and Special Editions: about 6,000 items, including about two dozen examples of early printed books, the Alfred R. Justice Chess Collection, the Charles Dickens Collection, a small but growing collection of artists' books, and about 160 individual, original leaves from manuscript and printed books dating from the 10th to the 20th century.
Manuscript Collections: more than 350 collections of personal papers, records, photographs, correspondence, diaries, and other unique materials originally belonging to a particular person or organization, usually connected to Colorado College or Colorado Springs, including the Helen Hunt Jackson Papers and the Colorado Springs Century Chest Collection.
Ephemera Collections: Colorado Springs playbills and programs, Pikes Peak area tourist brochures, bumper stickers, Colorado restaurant and event menus, the Colorado College Zine Collection, and other printed materials.
Colorado Collection: about 12,000 books, periodicals, photographs, papers, and oral history materials focusing on the American West, especially Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region, including the Cobos Collection.
Colorado College Collection: about 2,000 books by Colorado College faculty and alumni, a complete collection of Colorado College publications, photographs, and information files, and the college archives.
- Colorado College Oral History Collection
- Digital CC
- Digitized CC publications at the Internet Archive
- Historical tour of the Colorado College campus
- Presidents of Colorado College
- Century Chest
- Colorado Springs Area Early Views
- Helen Hunt Jackson (transcriptions of most of HHJ's correspondence and diaries)
Colorado, the Southwest, and the American West
- Gilpin Glass Slide Collection
- Southwestern Ruins, Villages, Pueblos, and Missions, 1846-1940
- Women of Northwestern Colorado: Oral History
- Colorado Menus Collection
- United States Japanese Relocation Center Papers (Camp Amache)
- Sand Creek Papers
- George H. Stone Collection of Colorado Views
- Cobos Collection (sound archive)