About Tutt Library
Charles L. Tutt Library is a hub for research, learning, and intellectual community, providing welcoming and inclusive space for students to learn, grow, and thrive at Colorado College.
Acknowledgement of Indigenous Territory
We honor the indigenous people of the area and former inhabitants of the land upon which Tutt Library stands. This region was once the territory of Utes and other indigenous and native peoples. We respect and appreciate that the land we occupy has been a vibrant place for indigenous gathering in the past and we hope it will continue to be so today and into the future.
With a rich array of experts, technologies, and learning spaces alongside extensive library collections, Tutt Library supports Colorado College’s inquiry-based curriculum and the unique rhythms of the Block Plan with:
- Robust services supporting student learning (Library Partners)
- Inviting spaces where students and faculty can do scholarly work, including classrooms, group study rooms, reading rooms, senior carrels, Susie B’s cafe, events spaces and meetings rooms.
- Over 425,000 physical volumes, a climate controlled Special Collections vault, and extensive online collections supporting teaching and research at Colorado College
We support, celebrate, and preserve student research and creative inquiry across the disciplines in ways that are both innovative and part of the long-standing library ethos:
- Librarians work with classes to help students learn how to navigate a complex information environment and to discover, create, and use sources with rigor and integrity.
- Graduating seniors deposit their senior capstones/theses in Digital CC, the College's digital repository where they can be readily accessed while being preserved for the future.
- From first year through graduation, students avail themselves of in-depth research consultations, over 3,000 interactions per year.
Tutt Library’s vision is to be one of the finest liberal arts college libraries in the country, responsive to the distinctive rhythms of the Block Plan and rooted in Colorado College’s sense of place.
Tutt Library’s mission is to foster intellectual exploration and discovery. We fulfill this mission in partnership with the Colorado College community in a number of ways:
Delivering research expertise, collections, services, and technologies to support Colorado College’s academic mission and the rhythms of the Block Plan.
Creating an inclusive environment that respects, appreciates, and enriches all individuals and groups in our diverse community.
Serving as a hub for academic excellence programs, scholarship, learning, and discovery in a range of collaborative, reflective, and creative spaces.
Teaching students to discover, create, and use information and knowledge with rigor and integrity.
Preserving and sharing Colorado College’s intellectual and creative works and building distinctive collections related to our sense of place.