Tuition Questions

If I take a block off, do I receive a tuition refund?

No. Please refer to CC's tuition policy for details.

What is considered full-time?

Three (3) units per semester.

What is the process to receive a tuition refund?

You may receive a tuition refund if you drop below full-time status. You must obtain written permission from the Student Opportunities and Advising Hub (the Hub) and complete the form for a leave of absence. You may refer to the Student Time Off Policy for other details.

How do I appeal the tuition policy?

You may submit an appeal for an exemption from the tuition policy. You must submit, in writing, the details of your circumstances and explain why you should be granted an exemption. Contact Campus Appeals, to submit your request. The decision will be made either by the Dean of Students Office or the Tuition Review Committee. The committee will review your appeal and notify you of their decision. The committee's decision is final.

If I go on a Study Abroad program, how is the tuition billed?

Under Colorado College's Home School Tuition policy for off-campus study, Colorado College tuition is billed to your student account for all off-campus semester programs, in lieu of the program's tuition. Most off-campus semester programs also charge a program fee (which usually covers room, sometimes board, field trips, etc). The program fee is determined by the partner program or university, and varies by location and program chosen. The program fee is charged to your student account, in lieu of on-campus room and board at CC. Please see complete information on the Billing & Finances page for the Center for Global Education & Field Study, and contact them if you have additional questions. Their office can be reached at, by phone at 719-389-6077, or visit them in Armstrong Hall, rooms 213-218.

Are there additional fees to plan for when going abroad?

Yes. Normally airfare is in addition to tuition & program fee, and there may be other travel expenses as well. Please use the Cost & Aid Calculation Worksheet available on the Global Education Billing & Finances page to help you calculate the total cost of attendance for the study abroad semester you will be participating in, and give you an idea of which costs may need to be budgeted for out of pocket.

Does CC participate in the Independent 529 Plan?

Yes. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information at 719-389-6651 or email for more information.

Report an issue - Last updated: 05/05/2023

Make a Tuition Payment

For instructions, please see:
"How To Make Payments and Manage Your Account"

Contact Student Accounts

Spencer Center, 1st Floor, Room 116
14 E. Cache La Poudre Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903-3243

Phone: (719) 389-6698
Fax: (719) 389-6932

8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Fri