Skip to main content area Skip to sub-navigation
Skip to main content

Tuition Policy

Enrollment Expectation

All matriculated students are expected to be enrolled full-time and making normal progress toward the degree unless arrangements for an exception are made with the Dean of Students. Normal progress toward the degree is defined as earning at least 3 units/semester and 6 units/year.  Failure to make normal progress may result in academic suspension and jeopardize financial aid.

Note:  Students who enroll in three or more blocks during a semester are charged full tuition.  There is no refund for taking one block off.

A student who must interrupt or reduce enrollment due to illness or other extenuating circumstances may seek approval from the Dean of Students for less than full-time status.

Special Students and Part-time Students

Tuition and fees are calculated differently for special students and pre-approved part-time students. For special or part-time students taking 2 or fewer blocks, semester tuition and fees for individual blocks are charged at the per-block rate of $9,681, roughly one-third of the semester rate. Adjunct courses (.25 unit of credit) cost $2,420.25/course.  Extended format courses (.5 unit of credit) cost $4,840.50/course.  Audited courses cost the full tuition charge.

Half Block

Half block is a .5 unit course offered at the beginning of spring semester. If a student is enrolled full time in either fall semester or spring semester, half black does not carry a tuition charge. If a student is part time or not enrolled in both fall and spring semesters, half block is charged as a half unit course with the standard tuition for that year.

For financial aid purposes, half block is part of spring semester. If a student is not taking three other units in the spring, half block will be added to their enrollment to determine their federal aid eligibility. However, no CC financial aid will be offered for enrollment in half block.

Refund Policy

Requests for a refund should be made to the Dean of Students.  Students have the right to appeal a decision concerning a refund to the Student Account Review Committee.  All appeals must be submitted in writing to the Dean of Students Office.  The committee's decision is final.

A student who withdraws following up to 2 blocks of a semester, or receives an emergency leave of absence at any time during a semester, may qualify for a refund of tuition and fees based on the per-block rate.  For example, after one block, 2/3 of the full semester charge is refundable, after 2 blocks, 1/3 is refundable.  Meal Plan charges for students living on campus are pro-rated based on the blocks attended and meal plan usage at the time of departure minus the administrative fee which is not refundable.  Room charges are not refundable. Students who are suspended from Colorado College or taking one block off are not entitled to tuition, housing or meal plan refunds. 


Make a Tuition Payment

For instructions, please see:
"How To Make Payments and Manage Your Account"

Student Accounts Office

Contact Us:

Spencer Center, 1st Floor, Room 116
14 E. Cache La Poudre Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Phone: (719) 389-6698
Fax: (719) 389-6932


9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Fri