Members of the Association Board are appointed to staggered four-year terms and serve on at least one committee. Current committees are: Advancement, Alumni and Student Networking, Engagement, Governance, Nominations and Awards, Scholarship, and Fifty Year Club.
- promotes the culture of philanthropy among alumni and students
- discusses development issues and strategies with annual giving staff
- actively solicits members of the association board and its committees to contribute to the College
ALUMNI AND STUDENT NETWORKING COMMITTEE
- works with the Career Center and Student Life Office to assist and support students and alumni in career development
- works with alumni of the College to develop a career referral network
- The Engagement Committee works with the Office of Alumni and Family Relations to connect communities to the Colorado College experience. Our mission: Connect. Motivate. Have fun.
- Alumni ambassadors share their passion for Colorado College by bringing fun and intellectual adventures to their cities.
- We reach out to alumni, parents and students.
- We strive to provide a range of interactions that satisfy the social, intellectual, community service and athletic interests of our audiences.
- We open the door to deeper commitments to the College, including those of time, money and other resources.
- We support and enhance the efforts of the admissions,development, nominating and student life committees to maximize our collective impact.
- The engagement committee brings the CC spirit home.
- Engagement committee members:
- Collaborate with representatives of other AAB committees to support Colorado College’s mission and create synergy
- Identify best practices in event planning, and communicate those to Ambassadors
- Provide training and guidance for new Ambassadors
- Work with the staff of the Office of Alumni and Family Relations to develop and implement activities
- Promote the College’s spirit, mission and vision in their city/region
- Create opportunities for alumni, parents and students to connect outside of the College environment
- Manage a coterie of volunteers who plan events
NOMINATIONS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
- provides candidate recommendations to the Association Board for election as Alumni Trustee
- proposes recipients of Benezet, Worner and Riley, and Spirit of Adventure awards
The Alumni Association Board (AAB) created and supports the Colorado College Alumni Association Student Leadership Scholarship, a loan-reducing scholarship that is designed to recognize student leaders on campus and encourage them to stay involved with CC after graduation. This scholarship is available for sophomores and junior on financial aid and is awarded each spring for the following academic year.
- promotes the performance, efficacy, and continuity of the Alumni Association Board (AAB)
- recruits members and assists with onboarding new members
- ensures diversity and a broad representation of experience and ideas within the board
- solicits nominations for and proposes a slate of officers for the board
- solicits nominations for and recommends candidates for election or reelection to the AAB through procedures adopted by the AAB
- maintains bylaws and other matters related to governance
FIFTY YEAR CLUB
- honors the fiftieth anniversary of each Colorado College class and the members of the class, graduates and non-graduates alike
- recognizes service to the Colorado College Alumni Association and to the development of Colorado College
- provides a program of interest to the individual members of the organization and provides a means for uniting the efforts of members in making Colorado College a better college
- assist as requested the upcoming Fifty Year class in planning its Fifty Year celebration.