Members of the Association Council are appointed to staggered four-year terms and serve on at least one committee. Current committees are: Advancement, Alumni and Student Networking, Engagement, Governance, Nominations and Awards, Scholarship, and Fifty Year Club.
- promotes the culture of philanthropy among alumni and students
- discusses development issues and strategies with annual giving staff
- actively solicits members of the association council and its committees to contribute to the College
ALUMNI AND STUDENT NETWORKING COMMITTEE
- works with the Career Center and Student Life Office to assist and support students and alumni in career development
- works with alumni of the College to develop a career referral network
- engages students from their first semester at CC to alumni
- works to keep alumni connected to the college and the alumni body as a whole
NOMINATIONS AND AWARDS COMMITTEE
- provides candidate recommendations to the Association Council for election as Alumni Trustee
- proposes recipients of Benezet, Worner and Riley, and Spirit of Adventure awards
The Alumni Association Council (AAC) created and supports the Colorado College Alumni Association Student Leadership Scholarship, a loan-reducing scholarship that is designed to recognize student leaders on campus and encourage them to stay involved with CC after graduation. This scholarship is available for sophomores and junior on financial aid and is awarded each spring for the following academic year.
- promotes the performance, efficacy, and continuity of the Alumni Association Council (AAC)
- recruits members and assists with onboarding new members
- ensures diversity and a broad representation of experience and ideas within the council
- solicits nominations for and proposes a slate of officers for the council
- solicits nominations for and recommends candidates for election or reelection to the AAC through procedures adopted by the AAC
- maintains bylaws and other matters related to governance
FIFTY YEAR CLUB
- honors the fiftieth anniversary of each Colorado College class and the members of the class, graduates and non-graduates alike
- recognizes service to the Colorado College Alumni Association and to the development of Colorado College
- provides a program of interest to the individual members of the organization and provides a means for uniting the efforts of members in making Colorado College a better college
- assist as requested the upcoming Fifty Year class in planning its Fifty Year celebration.