Student Matters

1. Major and Minor Declaration Forms

A student who is ready to declare a major, normally by the end of the sophomore year, can complete a major or minor declaration form online from the Advising Hub website. 

2. Verification of Graduation Requirements

The Registrar's Office sends to each Chair at the beginning of the semester a list of potential departmental graduates for the next graduation date. Chairs should notify the Registrar's Office whether or not their potential graduate list agrees with the records of the Registrar's Office.

Closer to the graduation date, the Registrar's Office sends each department graduation forms for each potential graduate, along with transcripts and progress reports. The Chair checks whether or not department requirements have been fulfilled and returns the information to the Registrar's Office.

3. Student Conduct and Student Complaints

The College has a number of policies on issues of student conduct and they can be found on the Pathfinder webpage. The Honor Code explains the purpose of the Honor System and the procedures for handling alleged violations. As explained in the section of the Pathfinder entitled Academic Grievances, the Dean's Advisory Committee reviews student appeals for academic-related waivers of specific rules. In general, the Associate Dean of the College or the Dean of Students should be contacted for assistance on such student-related matters.

Report an issue - Last updated: 06/12/2022