Welcome to Colorado College!
Lost? Looking for someone? Official business with the college? Attending an event? The Office of Campus Safety invites you to visit us at 833 N Tejon Street, on the south side of campus to get more information and assistance! Convenient metered parking is available on the street just outside our office.
Burglary of Motor Vehicle/Reckless Endangerment
August 18, 2017
At 3:50 AM on 8/18/17, a contracted security officer patrolling the new East Campus complex made contact with four male individuals that were observed acting suspiciously in the E1 East Campus parking lot. The individuals were asked to leave, and appeared to comply. Several minutes later, however, one of them returned to the lot and fired two shots from a 9mm handgun toward the officer while he was sitting in his car. The officer called for assistance, and the suspect fled southbound on Weber Street in a white extended cab pick-up truck. Thankfully, no one was injured in the exchange, and the damage sustained to our building was minimal and easily repaired.
CSPD advised us this morning that these four individuals had been burglarizing unlocked vehicles throughout the city before arriving at CC. A review of our video footage shows that two vehicles in the E1 lot were also found unlocked and burglarized.
CSPD has initiated an investigation, and more information will be made available to the community when available and appropriate.
We wanted to encourage everyone to take a moment to consider your own safety and security practices:
- Are your doors locked?
- Are your windows rolled up/locked?
- Are your valuables visible from outside the car?
- How about perceived valuables?
- Gym bags
- School bags/backpacks
- Lunch boxes
- Are wires to your electronics sticking out from under your seat?
- Are your garage door opener and your home address in your car somewhere?
- Is anything with your name on it visible from outside the car?
If you see a vehicle matching this description, or groups of unknown individuals acting in a suspicious manner, please report it immediately.
CSPD Emergency 911
CSPD Non-Emergency (719) 444-7000
Campus Safety Emergency (719) 389-6911
Campus Safety Non-Emergency (719) 389-6707
Campus Safety in the News
- Additional construction work will begin in the C1 Library Parking lot beginning on 8/23/17 and continuing until 9/8/17. This will create some additional noise and construction traffic. The lot will remain operational during that time.
- The 2016 Annual Security Report is complete and available online. If you would like a hard copy, please stop by the Campus Safety office.
- "No Tiger Walks Alone" Learn what you can do to help keep CC a happy and safe place to live, study, and thrive!
- Like TigerWatch on Facebook to receive updates and alerts.
Campus Safety Emergency
Campus Safety Non-Emergency
CSPD & CSFD Emergency