Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Exchange Program Scholarships

Students who are interested in spending an entire year in Germany are encouraged to apply for the fully-funded scholarships to the Universities of Göttingen and Regensburg, Germany. For those looking for a semester-long experience, the college offers a program in Lüneburg, Germany. Check out our study abroad photo gallery

The CC German Department offers two outstanding opportunities for students to study abroad in Germany for a full academic year and a non-scholarship opportunity to participate in a short-term program.

Each year, two outstanding German students are awarded full scholarships by the Department to study at either the University of Regensburg or the University of Göttingen. The two lucky students study full-time at the university of their choice, in addition to receiving a stipend designed to cover travel costs and living expenses while abroad. The German Department also offers an additional full scholarship outside of the formal exchange to both Göttingen and Regensburg. The application process is the same for both options.

This study program is open to Colorado College students and applicants from selected colleges. The prerequisites are two semesters of German (GR 101 and GR 102) or the equivalent.

Contact Professor William Davis for more information about the Regensburg or Göttingen programs, or for information on the single-semester Lüneburg program

Study Abroad Opportunities

Students in any of the German major or minor options are encouraged to participate in a well-established Study Abroad Program through the Colorado College or another institution.
  • Colorado College Exchange Program: Two to four full scholarships are awarded each year to qualified CC students for study at either the University of Regensburg or the University of Göttingen during the junior or senior year.
  • Other programs: Visit CC's International Programs Office on the second floor of Armstrong Hall for information on other programs in German-speaking countries.
  • In order to receive transfer credit from non-CC programs, students must keep detailed documentation (course syllabi, notes, reading lists, certificates of course attendance, etc.) of all work completed abroad. Upon submission of that documentation to the corresponding department at CC (in consultation with the International Studies Office and the Registrar), CC credit will then be awarded or denied.