The following address format should be used for incoming mail or packages for students:
902 N. Cascade Ave.
Colorado Springs, CO 80946
Don't know your Worner box number or combination?
Log on to Banner at coloradocollege.edu/ssb. Click on "Student." Click on "Addresses." Your Worner box information will be listed under "Addresses and Phones."
Do not use your student housing address. This will slow the processing and delivery of mail and packages. Delivery drivers are not allowed in secure buildings.
If you (the student) are off campus for a year for any reason, your Worner box will be reassigned to a new student. A new Worner box will be assigned upon return.
If you are assigned a T box, your mail and packages will be behind the counter in the mailroom. Bring a photo ID during mailroom hours (M-F 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.) to pick up.
- Check your Worner box regularly. If it gets full, it will be closed and ALL mail AND packages will be returned to the sender.
- You will receive an email when you have a package in the mailroom.
- Photo ID is required for package pickup.
- Packages in the mailroom are not ready for pickup until you receive an email from Mail Services. If you receive an email from a vendor, such as Amazon, saying your package has been delivered it means it is at the downtown post office and could take one to two more business days before it is available for pickup.
- Keep your Worner box locked and place discarded mail in the shredding bin to prevent identity theft.
- To open your Worner box: 1. Go left past the first number twice, then stop on the first number. 2. Turn right past the second number once then stop on the second number. 3. Turn back to the left and stop on the third number. 4. Turn to the right and pull to open.
- If you study abroad for 2 or more blocks, or take leave for any reason for 2 or more blocks, your mail will be automatically forwarded to the address you have in Banner. Packages will be held in the mailroom for 6 weeks. If you do not contact us we will return all packages to sender. If you would like your packages held for longer than 6 weeks, or if you do not want your mail forwarded at all, please contact the Mail Center to make arrangements.
- If you are taking leave, but will remain on campus, please let the mailroom know directly if you would like to keep your Worner Box open.
- Student mail is automatically forwarded to your address in Banner during the summer months. If you would like to continue getting mail in your Worner Box during this time, please contact Mail Services by the end of block 8.
- Students who have graduated will have their mail forwarded to the address in Banner for one year. After one year, mail and packages will be returned to the sender. Mail forwarding starts the week after commencement.
- If you would like to have your mail forwarded to an address other than the one in Banner after graduation or during the summer, you must email email@example.com (see below)* or visit the mailroom to fill out a temporary forwarding card.
- Mail Services does not forward mail during winter break.
- We are no longer able to forward packages. Please visit USPS.com and use Click-N-Ship to create a label which you can then email to us.
Mailing Perishables to Students
Mail Services urges caution when sending perishables (i.e., food) to students. If you do mail a perishable item, please notify the student that the item will be delivered to their Worner Box address.
Colorado College is not responsible for perishable items sent to students.
There is no refrigeration in the mailroom. We can only keep perishable packages for one to two days before they must be thrown out. Most perishables cannot be held over the weekend.
* Temporary Forwarding Information
Include the following information in your email:
Worner Box #:
Temporary address to forward mail:
Students are strongly encouraged to keep all of their records and addresses updated to ensure the fastest mail delivery.
Guidelines for Worner Box Distributions (Distros)
- Distros with names on them must have Worner Box numbers, must be in box order, and must include instructions on what to do if a box is closed. The department sending the distribution must be included on each piece.
- Please limit your distribution to the size of a postcard. Distros smaller than postcards are not recommended because they are easily overlooked and tend to get lost. If your distro is larger than a postcard, it must be on regular paper and you must fold it to fit in a Worner box (the size of a regular envelope). We can no longer accommodate poster (8.5x11) items.
- Distros should be scheduled with Mail Services staff. Distros are usually not distributed on Mondays or the day following a holiday or block break. A 24-hour minimum notice is requested. Mail and package processing always takes priority over distros; please provide as much advance notice as possible to ensure timely delivery of distros.
- Scheduled distros will take priority over non-scheduled distros. Non-scheduled distros will be done in the order that they are received. Please make sure you allow adequate time for preparation and distribution.
- Please let Mail Services staff know if the distros are only for a particular class of students (i.e., “first years”.)
Unacceptable Worner Box Stuffers
- Advertisements, coupons, or other forms of solicitation material from off-campus advertisers, businesses, or organizations. Political mail and events promoting alcohol consumption are not permitted.
- Most perishable items and alcohol are prohibited. Some exceptions can made for certain perishable items. Please check with a Mail Services specialist before arranging gifts of food for Worner Boxes.