Faculty and Staff Information
Correct Address Format for Incoming Mail or Packages
The following address format should be used for incoming mail or packages for faculty and staff:
14 E. Cache La Poudre Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Please do not use the physical address of your building as this will slow the processing and delivery of mail and packages by the post office and any other carriers.
Outgoing Departmental Mail
Outgoing mail is picked up from departments at the same time incoming mail is delivered. It is generally processed and dispatched the same day. Departments need to separate international mail, first-class domestic mail, mail requiring special attention, and inter-campus mail. Each category of mail should be bundled and marked separately.
All outgoing mail to be metered by Mail Services must have the department's name and billing code.
Overnight mail should be hand delivered to the mailroom before 10 a.m. for same day processing. If sent through intercampus mail, the item may not be processed in time for that day’s pick up.
Worner Mail Center has the right to refuse any mailing that may damage the postal equipment during processing. Mail that is not properly packaged will be returned to be re-packaged. It is the responsibility of the department to package and address their own packages.
Outgoing Personal Mail
You may deposit your personal, outgoing, stamped mail in the outgoing tray in your department. Personal mail will be picked up by the U.S. Postal Service between 2:00 and 2:30 pm every business day with the college’s mail. Outgoing personal mail must be sealed and must bear the proper postage.
If you require us to seal envelopes for you, please ensure that they are all bundled and facing the same way, with the flaps nested. Unsealed envelopes must be wrapped with a rubber band to keep their contents intact.
Our mailing machines do not seal envelopes over ¼” thick. Departments should therefore seal their own envelopes if they fit this criteria.
If you use “window” envelopes, please ensure that the entire address shows through the window. Do not staple enclosures to the window of the envelope. If the address does not properly fit the window, please use an envelope without a window.
Express Mail and Perishables
Carriers deliver mail to us throughout the day. Express mail received after the scheduled run for your department has been made will be delivered to you on the same day if possible. If your department is closed when the delivery is made or if there is no one available at your department to sign for receipt of the mail, it will be signed for by the mail courier and left in the office. Exceptions are computers, high-value items, perishables, and live animals.
Mail Services will make every effort to deliver any live animals, perishable items or items that need refrigeration within one hour of their delivery to Mail Services. Perishable mail becomes the responsibility of the department the moment Mail Services delivers it. Mail Services does not have refrigeration available and is not responsible for these shipments if no one is available to sign or if the department office is locked during delivery attempts. Departments requiring refrigerated shipments are asked to let Mail Services know in advance.
Departments are responsible for maintaining forwarding addresses for individuals who leave Colorado College.
If you are leaving CC and want your mail forwarded to you, you must submit the address to your department. Mail can be forwarded for three months. The best course of action is to change your mailing address with individuals and companies sending you items that you wish to continue receiving. After three months, mail addressed to you will be returned to sender.
Instructions for Forwarding Mail
- Leave the individual’s name visible but cross out the rest of the address completely
- On the envelope write “Please Forward” followed by the individual’s new address
- If we do not have an address for the individual, mark the envelope “Return to Sender” and completely black out all barcodes, including the faint orange one on the back of the envelope
If you change departments on campus, please send an email to email@example.com so that we can update our delivery listing.
Guidelines for Worner Box Distributions (Distros)
- Distros with names on them must have Worner Box numbers, must be in box order, and must include instructions on what to do if a box is closed. The department sending the distribution must be included on each piece.
- Please limit your distribution to the size of a postcard. Distros smaller than postcards are not recommended because they are easily overlooked and tend to get lost. If your distro is larger than a postcard, it must be on regular paper and you must fold it to fit in a Worner box (the size of a regular envelope). We can no longer accommodate poster (8.5x11) items.
- Distros should be scheduled with Mail Services staff. Distros are usually not distributed on Mondays or the day following a holiday or block break. A 24-hour minimum notice is requested. Mail and package processing always takes priority over distros; please provide as much advance notice as possible to ensure timely delivery of distros.
- Scheduled distros will take priority over non-scheduled distros. Non-scheduled distros will be done in the order that they are received. Please make sure you allow adequate time for preparation and distribution.
- Please let Mail Services staff know if the distros are only for a particular class of students (i.e., “first years”.)
Unacceptable Worner Box Stuffers
- Advertisements, coupons, or other forms of solicitation material from off-campus advertisers, businesses, or organizations. Political mail and events promoting alcohol consumption are not permitted.
- Most perishable items and alcohol are prohibited. Some exceptions can made for certain perishable items. Please check with a Mail Services specialist before arranging gifts of food for Worner Boxes.
This mail can be a memo for general distribution or items addressed to a specific individual or position within the college. Specific addressee mail, if not in an envelope, should be folded and marked with the individual’s name or title and that person’s department. Multi-page items must be stapled (no paper clips, please).
To expedite the process, letters are quickly scanned. We sort mail by name and department. Failure to list the department’s name may result in delay or misdirection of your mail. Envelopes with insufficient name are automatically put aside for later research and may result in delivery delays. Please do not abbreviate names of people and departments. Properly addressed campus mail is usually delivered the next day.
Confidential material may be inserted into an intercampus envelope. The envelope should be sealed or taped shut and marked “confidential.”
Student mail is required to be sorted by ascending box number order.
Intercampus mail must be properly addressed to assure prompt and accurate delivery:
Student mail: first and last name and Worner Box number
Faculty/staff mail: first and last name and department
Billing and Delivery Addresses
- Freight orders must be delivered to the Creekside location at 234 West San Miguel. The billing address for freight is still 14 E. Cache La Poudre.