Workers' Compensation

If you are injured on the job:

  • Report any job-related injury or illness to your supervisor and human resources immediately, but no later than two days from the date of injury or onset of illness. This includes accidents that do not require medical treatment. Failure to report an injury or illness may result in a loss of benefits.
  • Complete an accident report.
  • HR will refer you to a designated medical provider. In an emergency, you will be transported to the nearest medical facility.
  • If your injury or illness occurs or if medical treatment is required outside of regular office hours (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm) go to Memorial Urgent Care, Penrose Urgent Care, Penrose Emergency Room, or Memorial Emergency Room. Call campus safety to coordinate transportation if needed. Inform the treating facility it is a work related injury, and ask them to send all reports and bills to the following address:

Colorado College Human Resources
14 E Cache la Poudre Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
(719) 389-6104, Fax (719) 389-6926

  • Please do not provide your personal medical insurance information at time of service. Notify your supervisor and human resources of the injury or illness immediately the next business day.
  • If your injury or illness occurs outside of the Colorado Springs area (i.e., BACA, CC Cabin, while working in the field, etc.), go to the nearest medical facility for treatment. Contact human resources as soon as possible.

If you choose to go to a medical facility or physician other than a designated provider, you will be responsible for all medical services incurred.

  • The first three days of leave for a work-related injury or illnesses are not covered under workers' compensation and may be charged to your accrued sick leave or vacation leave, or taken as leave without pay. All time lost after the initial three days will be compensated under workers' compensation and will be paid to you directly by the insurance carrier. If you take time off due to a work related injury/illness without approval by the designated medical provider, the time will be applied to sick leave or vacation leave, or charged as leave without pay.
  • Time away from work beyond the first three days, for serious health conditions related to an on-the-job injury, will be designated as FML which will run concurrently with workers' compensation leave.
  • If you return to work after treatment and/or time off and continue to have problems as a result of your illness or injury, notify your supervisor and human resources immediately so further medical evaluation and treatment may be provided.

Worker's Compensation Forms:

Designated providers:

Concentra Urgent Care-Sisters Grove 
6011 E. Woodman Road, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80923
(719) 571-8888

Concentra Urgent Care - Rockrimmon                                                                      
5320 Mark Dabling Blvd., Suite 100                                               
Colorado Springs, CO 80918                                                    
(719) 592-1584  

Optum Medical Center Point- Occupational Medicine
1633 Medical Center Point
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719) 636-2999

Concentra Urgent Care
402 W. Bijou Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80905
(719) 302-6942

Worker's Compensation insurance carrier is Pinnacol Assurance.

Report an issue - Last updated: 02/25/2024