It is possible that your application will or already has been selected for review in a process called “Verification.” In this process, the Financial Aid Office will be comparing information from your application with 2015 tax return information submitted to the IRS for you and your parents. The law states we have the right to ask you for this information before disbursing financial aid. If there are differences between your application information and your financial documents, you or the college may need to make corrections electronically to your FAFSA.
Our office will make every effort to contact you as soon as possible to let you know that you have been selected for verification. However, we will not know whether or not you have been selected until you submit your FAFSA. Upon submitting the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). The Student Aid Report should also give you a message about being selected for verification. If selected, there are two steps to complete this verification:
|1) Submit a completed 2016-17 Verification Worksheet directly to the Financial Aid Office via mail, email, or fax. Please scroll down to view and print links to PDF versions of worksheets.|
2) Verify your 2015 income by using the Data Retrieval Tool (see tutorial)through FAFSA or providing us with 2015 Tax Return Transcript. More information about step two can be found by opening one of the following documents:
Verification Worksheets for 2016-17
- 2016-2017 DEPENDENT STUDENT Verification Worksheet
- 2016-2017 INDEPENDENT STUDENT Verification Worksheet
Supplemental Worksheets 2016-17
- 2016-2017 Supplemental- Untaxed Income Verification Form
- 2016-2017 Supplemental- Identity and Statemnt of Education Purpose Verification Form
Verification Worksheets for 2015-16 & Instructions for Tax Return Filers
Please note that there are five types of Verification Worksheets available on our website and the Financial Aid Office will let the student know which one, specifically, must be submitted. Feel free to also contact us, should you have any questions.
- 2015-16 DEPENDENT STUDENT Standard Verification Worksheet
- 2015-16 INDEPENDENT STUDENT Standard Verification Worksheet
- 2015-16 Aggregate Verification Worksheet
- 2015-16 Child Support Verification Worksheet
- 2015-16 Custom Verification Worksheet
- 2015-16 Household Resources Verification Worksheet
Contact the Financial Aid Office
800-260-6458 or 719-389-6651
Spencer Center, 1st Floor
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm