Skip to main content


Financial Aid

I am a financial aid student who cannot come back Block 1. Can I receive funds to pay for room & board (and other living expenses) while I am living at home?

    Upon the return to campus students are eligible to receive a full two semesters of funding (until they complete ten blocks of credit) and will be charged for the whole year. Because of this, funds for room and board while students are not on campus for 1 block are unavailable.

    I am a student who plans to take online courses for the fall semester (or all year) and I would like to use my room & board to pay for my living expenses while at home.  Can I receive funds from the College to pay for these expenses?

    We adhere to the current policy that adjusts the Cost of Attendance and financial aid to reflect tuition only.

    I am a student living off campus (not in campus housing) and want to make sure my aid package will not change.

    We adhere to the current policy and maintain the same Cost of Attendance and aid award. Residence Life will provide us the list of students who are approved to be off campus and these student will maintain their aid.

    Some of the supplemental housing is being offered at a lower price than campus housing for single apartments.  Will my aid award be adjusted?

      Financial aid awards will not be adjusted for this housing. Students may not (depending on location) need to be on the meal plan, so they may have savings, but aid will not change.

      When will my aid disburse to my bill? 

      Aid will disburse the first week you attend class as long as you have completed the check-in process through Self Service Banner. If you do not attend Block 1, your aid will remain estimated until you begin Block 2 or the first block you are enrolled. For further questions regarding the disbursement of aid, please contact Financial Aid at

      If I live at home past Block 1 when the campus opens, will my aid be adjusted? 

      If you live at home and do not return to Colorado Springs, then your financial aid will be adjusted due to having a lower cost of attendance budget. This budget does not allow for housing and has a lower food cost as you will not be on the meal plan.  Your grant aid will be reduced first, as we will continue to meet need up to your new cost of attendance with the same self-help expectations.  For further questions regarding adjustments of aid, please contact Financial Aid at

      How will my Pell grant be disbursed? 

      For returning students who are registered for the entire semester, Pell grant will be disbursed fully in Block 1.  For first year students, as they can only enroll for two blocks to start, half of the Pell grant will disburse when they begin classes and the other half will disburse as soon as registration is completed for the rest of the semester. Typically, this occurs during Block 3.  For further questions regarding disbursement of aid, please contact Financial Aid at

      Do I need to check in? How do I check in to receive my aid? 

      Yes, every student must complete the check in process through Self Service Banner the week prior to their first class.   The process is not open until then, so this cannot be completed early. Aid cannot disburse until this process is complete online.  For further questions on the check in process, please contact the Registrar’s Office at

      How will advances work for off-campus housing

      Advances are issued to students who are due a refund from their financial aid for the semester.  For students who need to have part of their funds (up to $1,000) prior to the start of class to help pay for expenses, you can request an advance from the Financial Aid Office.  Advances are not possible until 30 days prior to your first registered class.  If you choose to drop your first block after an advance, please note that it is due back to the college.  Advances will then reduce the amount of your refund that will come to you once you begin classes and have checked in so your aid is able to be disbursed.  For further questions regarding advances of aid, please contact Financial Aid at

      If I drop an online course at any point what will happen to my aid

      If you choose to drop a course, whether it is taught online or in person, you may be considered a withdrawn student per federal regulations unless you return to class within 30 days during the same semester.  If you are a student who chooses to drop courses and this adjusts your enrollment status below full time (3 units between Block 1 and J, or 3 units between Block 5 and 8), then your aid will need to be adjusted to less than full time and this will affect your bill.  For some, this may reduce what you owe. For those who have received any refund you may owe a portion of it back immediately. 

      Will my meal plan be increased?

      No, your meal plan will not be increased. The college is working on a plan to offer an application process for those students who are Pell Grant eligible and who are on campus all 5 blocks in each of the housing blocks (fall is Block 1 through J and spring is Block 5 through A) to apply for limited funding if they run out of meal plan funds.  This is not finalized at this time.

      If I take fall semester (Blocks 1-4) off what will happen?

      If a student chooses not to take Blocks 1-4, they will not be reported to student loan lenders as enrolled at least half-time for the fall semester. This means that any loans that have been borrowed previously will go into repayment. Federal Direct student loans offer a 6 six month grace period after a student is no longer enrolled at least half-time before they go into repayment status. Please pay attention to any attempts by your loan servicer(s) to contact you. 

      • You can find out who your loan servicer(s) is/are by logging into the National Student Loan Data System. Once you are again enrolled at least half-time in classes at CC your loans should go back to deferred status. Please contact the CC Registrar office at if you have questions about the reporting of your enrollment status to your loan servicer(s). 
      • Students will also have their aid adjusted to what their actual enrollment represents. For students who expect to use financial aid to help pay for room and board while they are not in class, this is not an option.  Financial aid is based on enrollment in class, so if this is a concern, students should plan to enroll in classes.
      • For further questions regarding taking time off, please contact Financial Aid at

      How is tuition going to be charged for the year now that we are eligible to take up to ten blocks?

      Tuition will be charged as follows for the 20-21 year.

      Students will be charged 1/3 of a semester tuition cost ($10,144) for their first three blocks, and then will receive one free block.  The 5th, 6th, and 7th block a student is registered for will then be charged at 1/3 of a semester cost per block, and the 8th, 9th, and/or 10th block will not be charged for tuition.  Aid will be disbursed based on enrollment and, thus, aid will remain proportional to charges. 

      • For further questions on how tuition will be billed, please contact Student Accounts at
      • If you are considering dropping blocks, please work with the Advising Hub on the best course of action at We strongly recommend students take advantage of the ten block eligibility and not wait for January 2021 to enroll in classes.
      • You may also contact Financial Aid at  if you are concerned about how it will affect your aid.

      How will my loans be applied? For example, do my loans go straight to tuition only, to room & board, to my meal plan, etc.

      We adhere to the principal that college funding is a partnership between the parent(s)/guardian, the student, and the College. All funding is combined to meet the full cost of attendance and grants dollars from the College are applied after the family contribution and student self-help. The 1098-T form that is sent to you at the end of the year will show, however, all grants toward tuition first, as this is an IRS requirement.  This does not mean we look at it that way as a college, but must be federally compliant.

      I have accepted my student loans. How will my loans be disbursed?

      Loans will disburse directly to your student account the same time as your grants/scholarships, only after you have completed the online check in through Banner Self Service and completed the entrance counseling and master promissory note found at  If you borrowed loans to help pay for other expenses, these funds will be refunded on the standard refund schedule through Student Accounts.

      How does Colorado College’s plan for Fall 2020 affect tuition?

      The 2020-21 academic calendar format provides a substantial per-block discount on tuition. There are different ways to think about this (all can be considered a tuition discount):

      1. CC’s current tuition fee is $60,390. On a traditional eight-block academic year, per-block tuition cost would be $7,548.75. Now that students can take up to 10 blocks for the same tuition fee, the per-block price has been reduced 20% to $6,039.
      2. Assuming a student is on track to graduate, taking 10 blocks in one year at the price of eight provides a savings of two future blocks. Under CC’s regular tuition policy, if a student takes two blocks off per semester, they are only charged 2/3 semester tuition. Taking an extra two blocks this year can potentially save students $10,065 in future tuition payments, or a 16.67% discount.

      When do you expect to make a decision on whether spring courses will be online? If CC decides to go online at some point during the year, do families have an option to get a full tuition refund per each block and choose not to do the online format?

      We have not established a target date for announcements concerning Spring Semester courses and all students must be flexible in knowing that the teaching format for individual blocks may change with very short notice.  Students will be billed the per block charge but we do not recommend that financial aid students be enrolled less than full-time as this will likely impact your ability to progress towards your degree with only eight semesters of aid eligibility.

      If students take summer blocks, does it use their Wild Card?

      A student who pays the total annual comprehensive fee may take 10 blocks at no additional cost without using their Wild Card.  Any additional blocks will be billed separately or students may elect to use their Wild Card.


      For more information on billing, please visit the Student Accounts page.

      Click here for answers to questions about new billing procedures for the 2020-2021 academic year and other frequently asked questions.

      For additional questions regarding billing, please contact Student Accounts at or by phone at (719) 389-6698.

      Student Employment/Work Study

      Will work study awards be replaced with grant if students cannot come back to campus for any reason?

      If a student chooses not to return to campus for their own reasons, they will be unable to work.  This funding will not be awarded in grant dollars.

      How do I find a student employment job?

      Students will search and apply for student employment jobs through Handshake. Handshake is accessed through the Single Sign On page. 

      How will my work study amount be affected if I choose to make up or take extra classes over the summer?

      Your work study award is based on Blocks 1-8.  Summer employment is different and has not been determined at this time.

      If the student declines to work due to COVID19 concerns, what will happen to their pay and/or work study award?

      We understand that some employees may not feel comfortable completing their employment duties due to the pandemic. As hourly employees this is their choice. However, if they are not working these hours, they will not receive pay for working.  We would encourage students who feel this way to search for other job openings on campus that are more comfortable for them.

      If a student employee is awarded a work study award there will not be any affect to their financial aid package for not working. They will not earn their work study award amount. Note, a work study award does not provide a guaranteed payout. Instead a work study award provides hiring preference and the ability to work off-campus with a CC community-based partner. Students must work in order to earn funds from student employment programs/awards at Colorado College.

      I am a financial aid student and would prefer not to work this semester or this year.  Can my grant award be increased so I do not have to work?

        Since the college will be open in some capacity and the opportunity to work is available the college will not increase grant awards to cover this decision. It is recommended that if students wish to work they apply for a position which better meets their concerns about working.

         I am a full-pay student and am not eligible for federal work-study but worked two jobs last year. Am I guaranteed on-campus employment this year?

          Our policy has always been to prioritize employment for students who are eligible for federal work-study.  Should we have additional jobs available this year, you can apply for those positions beginning Block 3.

          I am a work-study eligible student that worked three jobs on campus last year so I would not have to borrow student loans.  Can I work three (or more) jobs this year?

            Due to the reduced jobs available on campus this year, all students will be limited to no more than two jobs.  Temporary positions will be exempt from this policy.  Temporary jobs examples include: NSO Move-in Workers, FYE Mentor, Peer Consultants, Bridge Scholar Mentors, Events, IM Referee

            Will there be an annual Student Employment Job Fair in fall 2020?

            To protect the health of our students, staff members and CC community there will be no Student Employment Job Fair planned for this year. To view and apply for student employment jobs, please visit Handshake by selecting the Handshake icon on the Sign into CC page.