Downloadable Appeal Form (PDF)
Documentation and Requirements for Submitting the Appeal
- A detailed written request explaining rationale for consideration of special circumstances
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) filed by the aid application deadline at the website www.fafsa.gov
- The PROFILE application filed for the year of the appeal at website https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/
- Signed copies of the most current federal income tax and W-2 forms for student and parents
- Any other appropriate documentation to support the appeal
Depending on the nature of the appeal, examples of additional documentation that may be requested could include the non-custodial parent's statement, documentation of additional medical expenses, legal documents such as divorce or separation papers, current business evaluation, the Verification of College Enrollment for Sibling form, available in the financial aid office, for the sibling's college to confirm attendance, cost and financial aid, financial statement for business income, a federal Verification Worksheet or any other information requested by the financial aid office for consideration of the appeal.
Merit Scholarship Appeal
Please note that merit scholarships are not open to appeal--either to receive a scholarship or to increase the amount awarded.
Contact the financial aid office with questions or for additional information about the appeal process.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid & Student Employment
Spencer Center, 1st Floor
14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday,