Downloadable Appeal Form (PDF)
Level One Appeal
Documentation and Requirements for Submitting the Appeal
- A detailed written request explaining rationale for consideration of special circumstances
- The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) filed by the aid application deadline at the website www.fafsa.gov
- The PROFILE application filed for the year of the appeal at website www.collegeboard.com
- Signed copies of the most current federal income tax and W-2 forms for student and parents
- Any other appropriate documentation to support the appeal
Depending on the nature of the appeal, examples of additional documentation that may be requested could include the non-custodial parent's statement, documentation of additional medical expenses, legal documents such as divorce or separation papers, current business evaluation, the Verification of College Enrollment for Sibling form, available in the financial aid office, for the sibling's college to confirm attendance, cost and financial aid, financial statement for business income, a federal Verification Worksheet or any other information requested by the financial aid office for consideration of the appeal.
If the appeal is denied, you may appeal to the Committee on Admission and Financial Aid with the following procedure.
Level Two Appeal
Appeal to the Committee on Admission and Financial Aid
If the appeal submitted to the financial aid office is denied, you may appeal to the Committee on Admission and Financial Aid, which usually meets once a block. Specific dates for the committee meeting are available in the financial aid office. To be addressed by the committee, a written request with necessary documentation should be submitted at least one week before the scheduled meeting date.
In addition to the documents required for the Level One Appeal, the following will be required.
- A written request explaining the rationale for consideration of the additional appeal to the committee
- A letter of explanation from your faculty advisor or another reference who would support or add clarification to the appeal
- An academic transcript of all courses taken at Colorado College (unofficial is acceptable)
- Additional documentation if applicable or additional information requested by the committee to support the appeal
The committee will review the appeal and will plan to make a decision at the meeting.
The decision of the Committee on Admission and Financial Aid is final.
Contact the Financial Aid Office
- James M. Swanson, Director of Financial Aid
- Erica Shafer, Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Gaye L. Scheafer, Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Kathy Gonzalez, Financial Aid Counselor
- Libby Fletcher, Financial Aid Coordinator
- Ashley Jameson, Communication & Student Employment Coordinator
- Patty Kramer, Financial Aid Specialist
800-260-6458 or 719-389-6651
Spencer Center, 1st Floor 14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm