Solar Hot Water
Worner benefits from the first application of solar thermal hot water on campus. The project has been operational since 2014 and provides 135,000 kBtu/year, meeting 10% of demand in a location where usage is elevated through the operations of dining services.
Many buildings on campus have received photovoltaic (PV) arrays in the past decade, contributing to a total output of 573,640 kWh annually.
Facilities Services has moment-to-moment information available on many of the solar installations on campus.
- Edith Gaylord Apartments: A 25kW array provides 23% of building electricity and upon its installation in 2008, was the largest in Colorado Springs
- EKG Cornerstone Arts Center: A 100.8kW array provides ~26% of building electricity.
- El Pomar Sports Center: As the largest PV array on campus, the 182kW system providing ~39% of the building's electricity.
- Worner Campus Center: A 35kW array was installed in 2012.
- Spencer Center: An 18kW array was installed as part of building renovations in 2014.
- KRCC: A 1.2kW array.
- Children's Center: A 19.6kW array.
- Dean of Students' Residence: A 10.7kW array.
- Synergy House: A 7kW array.