Loan Counseling Sessions
All students borrowing for the first time at Colorado College are required to complete an “Entrance Counseling Session.” Students must complete counseling for each type of loan they are borrowing before the first disbursement of their loans can be credited to student accounts. This federal requirement will help students understand their rights and responsibilities as borrowers. After completing the “Entrance Counseling Session,” the results are transmitted to Colorado College to confirm that this requirement has been completed.
Before leaving or graduating from Colorado College, it will be necessary to complete an “Exit Counseling Session” for each type of loan that has been borrowed. This is a federal requirement, and Colorado College notify borrowers when it is time to complete the process before leaving or graduating from CC.
Subsidized/Unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan
- ENTRANCE Counseling Session for Federal Direct STAFFORD Loans
- EXIT Counseling Session for Federal Direct STAFFORD Loans
Federal Perkins Loan
- ENTRANCE Counseling Session for Federal PERKINS Loans
- EXIT Counseling Sessions for Federal PERKINS Loans
Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
Contact the Financial Aid Office
- James M. Swanson, Director of Financial Aid
- (vacant) Associate Director of Financial Aid
- Gaye L. Scheafer, Assistant Director of Financial Aid
- Kathy Gonzalez, Financial Aid Counselor
- Colleen Smith, Communication & Student Employment Coordinator
- Libby Fletcher, Financial Aid Coordinator
- Patty Kramer, Financial Aid Specialist
800-260-6458 or 719-389-6651
Spencer Center, 1st Floor 14 E. Cache La Poudre St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm