Ritt Kellogg Fund
In the spirit of Ritt Kellogg, Colorado College ’90, the Ritt Kellogg Memorial Fund helps Colorado College students promote imagination, challenge and personal growth in their own responsible and conscientious pursuit of wilderness expeditions and education. The purpose of the Fund is to support adventure and outdoor education thru wilderness expedition grants, training and environmental service and wilderness-related resources for Tutt Library. The Fund additionally supports the Ritt Kellogg Climbing Wall. The Fund is available only to students currently enrolled at Colorado College.
Since its inauguration in 1995, the Ritt Kellogg Memorial Fund has provided 320 students with expedition funding; resulting in 134 successful expeditions and countless life-changing experiences for Colorado College students.
2017 Expeditions Slide Show
Grant Writing Q&A
Expedition Grant Application and Submittal Process
The registration for trip proposals will be available on SUMMIT shortly. Please look over the detailed instructions for uploading Grant application materials prior to proposing an expedition.
The Ritt Kellogg Memorial Fund provides education grants for technical training to support CC students in planning and executing responsible wilderness expeditions. Education grants are intended for those students who have either received a RKMF Expedition Grant or plan to apply for an Expedition Grant in the near future. Funding would ideally be sought by an expedition team but is also available for individuals.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, $10,000 will be available to fund Education Grants. Contact the RKMF Program Coordinator, Andrew Allison-Godfrey, firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about continuing funding availability.
Changes as of 2015
1. Expedition Grant Applications will now be submitted on SUMMIT:
- Group Application: Each expedition group will submit a single group application on SUMMIT.
- Individual Application: Each expedition member must complete and submit their own individual application.
- Preliminary Proposal: Preliminary proposals are no longer part of the application process. If you would like to discuss trip feasibility or have questions prior to beginning your application, contact Grace Brofman.
** Only once all components of the application are completed and submitted online will the application will be considered for funding.**
2. Seniors may continue to apply for and receive expedition grants, so long as:
- all required forms and releases are submitted 2 weeks prior to graduation;
- the cash award is made prior to graduation; and,
- the expedition occurs within 8 months of graduation.
3. Non-CC students are not eligible to apply for or participate in expeditions.
Please e-mail the Ritt Kellogg Coordinator, Andrew Allison-Godfrey, or swing by the Outdoor Education Office (931 N. Nevada) to ask further questions.
Completed Expedition Applications
Due January 10, 2018
Applications for 2017/18 Ritt Kellogg Memorial Fund Expedition Grants will be due on January 10th, 2018, the first Wednesday of Half-Block, at Noon. A complete electronic version of the proposal must be submitted to the Colorado College SUMMIT system to be considered. Grant decisions will be announced no later than March 14th, the end of Block 6.