Orientation at CC is designed to introduce you to all aspects of campus life - inside and outside of the classroom. Regardless of if you are starting class at CC in the Fall or will be joining us in the Winter, Orientation is a required program for all new students.
Fall New Student Orientation 2020 (NSO) will take place on-campus and in accordance with CDC, federal, local, state, and campus COVID-19 guidelines/precautions. Move-in will take place over an extended 3 day period (August 14 - 16, with information about sign-ups coming in mid July) to allow for social distancing; formal programming will begin on August 17 and run through the beginning of classes on Monday, August 24.
Winter Start Orientation (WSO) will now take place Saturday, January 23 through Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
The NSO required content sessions and Choose Your Own Adventure offerings are intended to give you opportunities to learn about campus resources and important aspects of college life in large groups as well as the opportunity to dive deeper into your own specific areas of interest and give you plenty of opportunities to make new friends. These sessions will be complemented by this year's Priddy Experience, which will offer local opportunities to spend time with new classmates while doing service work and exploring the Colorado Springs area.
By the time Orientation has concluded, it is our goal you have:
- Developed a better understanding of campus resources available to you and how to access these resources.
- Learned about prominent issues on college campuses and engaged in dialogue with peers on these topics.
- Met members of the faculty & staff.
- Had the opportunity to get to know students in your Residence Halls, First Year Experience Course, and Priddy Trip Groups.
- Started to feel at home on campus and excited for the semester ahead.
Due to space capacity and in an effort to limit the number of guests on campus, students are allowed only 1 guest to accompany them to campus for move-in; family and parent programming will primarily be offered online via virtual sessions.