Collaborate with Us
Have an idea for a program, speaker, or event you would like to see on campus? Heard of a cool event happening in the local community you would like students to know about and have the opportunity to attend? Want to work with a student organization on planning an event? We would love to help you further explore these ideas and see if we can make it a reality. On this page, we have briefly outlined the work of our office so you have a better idea of how/if we would be a collaborative partner.
The Office of Campus Activities oversees a variety of campus initiatives geared at student engagement, including:
- Student Organization Advising & Event Support
- Block Break Programming - free low key and local day trips that provide students the opportunity to rest, relax, and reconnect
- Evening & Weekend Programming - free, alternative social programming
- Annual Signature Events
- Arts & Crafts Program
- Competitive Communications
- New Student Orientation
- Leadership Development & Skill Building Workshops
When exploring potential opportunities for collaboration, the Office of Campus Activities considers the following to determine if our office has the capacity to support new programs or events:
- Timing: Our office tends to be busiest in blocks 1, 3, 5, and 8 with most of our annual and large scale events, such as New Student Orientation, Welcome Back Programming, LoCCal Fest, Halloweek Events, Winter Start Orientation, Winter Ball, and Llamapalooza, happening at these times. This can present great opportunities for collaboration when there is synergy between new ideas and existing programs but can also reduce our capacity to support new initiatives that are unrelated to these existing programs.
- Audience: Is the target audience of this new event or program students? Does the event have general appeal and relevance to our student body?
- Vision & Values Alignment: The Office of Campus Activities aims to provide a variety of involvement opportunities, free events, and activities for students that promote holistic student development, learning, wellness, and fun!
Examples of Recent Campus Activities Collaborations
- An Evening with the BlacKkKlansman: Ron Stallworth
- Experience the Springs Block Break Day Trips
- Inclusive Leadership Luncheon with Denise Young Smith, Executive in Residence
- 2018 Dia de Los Muertos Celebration & Observance
- MLK Day People's Breakfast & Cleo Parker Robinson Performance
- Mountain Film Screening