If you need to submit employment forms electronically, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the electronic employment packet.
Student Employee Resources
|Acceptable Identification Documents|
Used when you want to re-post a previously posted position.
Used to expire a posting before the previously set expiration date is reached
To extend the time a position is posted and a student can apply.
How to see applications and contact applicants.
Notice: This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information, please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
Colorado College designs the student employment experience to enable students to work on and off campus part time (up to full-time hours in the summer) to advance skills, build resumes and earn funds to support their educational goals and continue professional development growth while supporting college needs as well.
Most, but not all, students receive work-study or institutional employment as part of their financial aid award. Federal and Colorado governments provide employment funding (work-study) to the college for eligible students.
Because of these funding sources, the college asks campus employers to give preference in hiring to students with federal or state work-study eligibility, or to students who have institutional student employment as part of their financial aid award.
You must be a current student and enrolled at least half-time in order to be employed.
Student Employment Process
- Supervisors should post all student employment opportunities to Handshake where students can log in through single sign-on and apply.
- Students should apply through Handshake with their cover letter and resume. Students should mention in their cover letter if they have a work-study award as this provides a hiring preference.
- Selected applicants will then interview with supervisor.
- Those selected will need to complete the Student Employment Paperwork if not yet done. This is a one time requirement.
- Supervisors will then submit a new hire EPAF to hire the selected student.
How to find a job
On Campus Student Employment
The college makes every effort to provide an employment opportunity, but the student is responsible for finding a job.
Find your next on-campus job in 4 easy steps!
- Log in to your Handshake account through the single sign-on page
- Select Jobs on the top row
- Select the On-Campus option to filter under search bar
- Now you can view and apply to any on-campus job
The CC Career Center provides professional and career development coaching services to help support our students in attaining employment opportunities. For more information on the CC Career Center please visit the main web page here.
For non-CC affiliated job listings provided by the Career Center please visit the job/internship database here.
After Finding a Job
1. Complete the Student Employee Packet listed above and submit completed packet to the Office of Financial Aid & Student Employment in person and with your original unexpired identification documents.
2. Have your supervisor complete an EPAF.
** Please note, you will not be set up as an employee of CC or have a time sheet until these requirements are completed.
- To log in your hours and submit time sheets, you must log in to Self-Service Banner, click on Employee tab, and then choose Time sheet. From the drop down menu, select the correct pay period and start entering your hours.
For any time sheet questions, please contact the Student Employment Office located in the Spencer Center: 719-389-6908.
- Please remember that time sheets MUST be submitted to your supervisor by the deadline given on the Payroll Calendar. Failure to do so will cause your paycheck/direct deposit to be delayed.
- You may notice a time when a time sheet is no longer available. This happens right after the pay period's end in order for the Payroll Office to process these time sheets but it will re-open in 2-3 business days.
- Colorado College pays student employees on semi-monthly basis.
- Checks or direct deposits according the payroll schedule.
- If you do not submit your time sheet on time, you will not get paid on time and will have to wait until the next pay date.
- Paychecks will be delivered to your Worner box if you do not have direct deposit set up or to your designated bank account if direct deposit is set up.
It is the student's responsibility to be sure to submit all necessary paperwork in order to get paid. If you find ANY job on campus (RA, FYE mentor, Lifeguard, etc.), you must make sure that you have student employment paperwork on file before starting your job.
For complete information about Student Employment, please read through the Student Employment Handbook posted above.