Staff Council's mission statement is as follows:
Staff Council advises the President and administration of Colorado College. In that context, our mission is to advocate for and promote the interests of staff, help draft and establish policies that affect staff, and facilitate communication between staff and other constituencies. In doing so, we aim to advance the mission of Colorado College.
We are committed to providing all staff members the opportunity to succeed and grow in their work experience and to ensure that CC is a desirable place of employment.
As members of the Colorado College community, we endorse and support the college's values. In addition, we amplify them in the following ways:
- Honor the life of the mind as the central focus of our common endeavor
We believe that staff should enjoy meaningful participation in the academic mission and receive support for personal and professional growth.
- Value all persons and seek to learn from their diverse experiences and perspectives
We believe that Colorado College has committed to respectful interaction and a supportive, open organizational climate, and we believe that valuing staff means paying them a living wage that reflects their experience and abilities.
- Practice intellectual honesty and live with integrity
We believe that all staff are valued participants in the Colorado College community, and such participation requires honest and forthright discussion of concerns.
- Serve as stewards of the traditions and resources of Colorado College
We believe that staff have an obligation to seek out efficiency, and that they deserve recognition for such efforts.
- Nurture a sense of place and an ethic of environmental sustainability
We believe that sustainability - writ large - means going beyond environmental ethics and counting the total cost of ownership of our endeavors.
- Encourage engagement and social responsibility at local, national, and global levels
We believe that staff should participate in campus processes and activities as full members of the Colorado College community.
- Seek excellence, constantly assessing our policies and programs
We believe that improving processes requires input from those most affected, and that the college benefits from staff participation.