Colket Center for Academic Excellence
***The Colket Center will be offering remote academic support services, including online tutoring, learning assistants, and adjunct courses. Students will be accessing tutoring through online platforms. If you would like to consult with professional staff members regarding support for your class, please email them directly. For more information on COVID-19 and the steps that Colorado College is taking in response to it, please visit Coronavirus Updates & Resources***
WHAT IS THE COLKET CENTER?
WHAT WE DO
The Colket Center for Academic Excellence at Colorado College partners with faculty, departments, and programs to provide students with the finest liberal arts education in the country. In an academic climate calibrated to challenge all students, the Colket Center facilitates student learning, cultivates intellectual community, and supports students in developing skills they can apply broadly across and beyond the curriculum.
Reorganized in 2011, the Colket Center for Academic Excellence:
- Supports student learning in, across, and beyond block courses
- Cultivates students’ academic skills, strategies, and resilience
- Fosters intellectual community through collaborative learning, peer teaching, research, and scholarly inquiry
The Center is staffed by ten professionals and two administrative support staff who promote the culture of learning and teaching and the mission of the college by:
- Consulting one-on-one with students and faculty on issues related to learning and teaching
- Teaching in-class and out-of-of class workshops, adjuncts, and block-length courses through departments
- Training and Supervising more than 100 students working as tutors and learning assistants
- Administering college-wide programs (Sophomore Jump Program, Writing Program, Quantitative Reasoning Assessment)
- Supporting college programs (Bridge Scholars Program, Global Scholars Program, Summer Pre-College Program, Admissions)
- Collaborating with faculty on course and assignment design
- Working with the Crown Faculty Center to offer faculty development
- Serving on college committees, ad hoc taskforces, searches, and panels
- Partnering with colleges and community organizations beyond CC
- Researching in the scholarship of teaching and learning
Colket Center Facts
81% of the CC student body used services offered at the Colket Center last year (QRC, WC, thesis adjunct, CLD Specialist).
The Writing Center consulted with more than 37% of the student body.
The Quantitative Reasoning Center worked with at least 52% of the student body.
GPAs of students using the Colket Center services are equal to or higher than the average at Colorado College.