Keller Venture Grant Forum
Yearly student who received a Venture Grant present their projects and research during the fall semester. Additionally, Information Sessions are held to present information on applying for a Venture Grant. Contact Lisa Schwartz for information on these opportunities.
The Keller Family Venture Grant Program for Student Research
Keller Venture Grants, made possible by the Keller Family Foundation, allow you to imagine, articulate, and bring to life your own original research project. Apply for a Keller Venture Grant today.
Keller Family Venture Grant Timeline
◊ First Wednesday of the Block: Student proposals due by 5 pm on Summit
◊ Second Wednesday of the Block: Faculty references due by 5 pm on Summit
◊ Third Thursday of the Block: Committee reviews proposals
◊ By week one of following Block: Applicants notified of determination through Summit
Imagine a great project and do it!
Last year the Keller Venture Grant program funded $98,379 in student research and 109 Colorado College students pursued their own individual research projects on campus, across the United States, and around the world.
Things to Know
- Students must submit proposals by the first Wednesday of the block in which you would like their proposal reviewed.
- If selected for a Keller Family Venture Grant, students must commit (barring extenuating and approved circumstances) to present (if selected) and/or attend the Keller Venture Family Grant Forum.
- Project proposals must focus on individual student research.
- Funds can be used for research travel expenses but not for expenses that are Academic Opportunities Grant eligible.
- Students should apply two-three funding cycles in advance of when they actually need the funds.
- Applicants must have faculty or staff sponsorship and references to apply.
- Individual students can apply for up to $1,000.
- Groups of students who apply for a Venture Grant can request maximum combined funding of $2,000 for their proposal.
- If you have been awarded a Keller Family Venture Grant, you can extend the award by applying for matching funds: up to $500 per person in additional Keller Venture Grant funding if you have secured matching funds from a separate institutional funding source (approved internal Colorado College grant funds, external grant funds). Personal resources may not be used to secure matching funds.
- Additionally, joint applications can apply for Matching Funds to a maximum of $1,000 for the project.
If the grant application has multiple authors, one primary applicant will submit the project narrative, budget, and if applicable Travel Review Form, and initiate IACUC/IRB review.
The primary applicant should indicate in the form ALL the faculty and/or staff references for the project. The primary applicant will upload their own transcript and student account printout in the main application form.
Each co-applicant (i.e., not the person who is uploading the proposal and the budget) should go to the KFVG Co-applicant Information Form to upload their personal confidential documents (transcript, student account printout).
Student Collaborative Research Program Coordinator
Tutt Library 230B