Who We Are & What We Do
Staff Council, in advising the President, seeks to represent the interests and concerns of the staff of Colorado College as they work to fulfill the mission and goals of Colorado College. This is accomplished through the following activities:
- Serving as an advocate for staff regarding issues of organizational climate;
- Providing an opportunity to gather and share questions, concerns, and comments about general and specific college issues;
- Serving in an advisory role to the college's senior leadership, including but not limited to, salary and benefits;
- Facilitating and encouraging collegiality and cooperation among staff and with other constituencies on campus;
- Collecting and disseminating information pertinent to staff issues to increase awareness of college policies;
- Developing recommendations for new policies or changes in policies pertaining to staff and submitting them to appropriate offices on campus;
- Promoting professional development opportunities;
- Soliciting and nominating colleagues to campus committees.
Starting in 2013-14, Staff Council changed from staff-wide representation to divisional representation. Staff Council is composed of members elected from 12 representative groups on campus, as follows:
- Academic Departments (anyone who works in an academic department, including Staff Assistants, Tech Directors, Paraprofs, etc.)
- Administrative Offices - Small (Dean's Office/President's Office/Registrar's Office, Summer Programs, and any other programs or small houses including the Collaborative for Community Engagement, the Curator, Hulbert, International Programs, etc.)
- Admissions/Financial Aid
- Advancement/Alumni Office
- Communications/KRCC/Print Shop
- Finance and Administration/Children's Center/HR/Payroll/Purchasing
- Fine Arts Center
- Library/Colket/Learning Commons
- Residential Life/Campus Safety/Conferences/Boettcher
- Student Life/Worner Center Offices
Staff Council also has a 14th member appointed by the Diversity and Equity Advisory Board (DEAB).
View the current Staff Council Manual, last updated December 1, 2017.