The Adam F. Fitness Center is located at the North end of the El Pomar Sports Center (44 W. Cache La Poudre St).
Directions: From I-25, take exit 143- Uintah Street | Head east onto Uintah St and proceed about a quarter mile to Cascade Avenue | Turn right onto Cascade Ave | Then take a right on Cache La Poudre. At the bottom of the hill El Pomar Sports Center will be the final building on the right.
Adam F. Press Fitness Center
We are pleased to announce the Adam F. Press Fitness Center will be opening with limited capacity, services, and operations starting on Tuesday, September 1. This is the first phase of re-opening for the fitness center. We are taking many precautions to reduce health risks to our patrons.
All active employees and students who are approved to be on campus are welcome to use the facility.
For Block 2, the hours of operation will be:
- Monday - Friday 6:30 -- 9:30 a.m and 4:00 -- 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 1:00 -- 4:00 p.m.
To ensure an environment that allows for proper social distancing, you are required to make a reservation to use the fitness center.
Due to the public health risks posed by COVID-19, the following modifications have been made to your visit to the fitness center. Please read carefully and take note of the following.
- If you are exhibiting or experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, etc.), please do not come to the fitness center, and do seek medical attention.
- The campus, to include the fitness center, is closed to visitors including family members, retirees, alumni, and job candidates.
- Please have your Gold Card out and ready to show at check-in.
- When you arrive, enter through the north entrance doors.
- You will first receive a temperature check and symptom survey. After that, we will confirm your booking and you will be on your way!
- Masks are required to enter and move about in the fitness center and are required to work out per the State of Colorado directive. All fitness center staff are wearing masks at all times.
- Proper social distancing is expected at all times. No congregating or loitering in common spaces, hallways, stairwells, or work areas and if you use the elevator, please note that only one person can ride it at a time.
- Stay to the right when moving about the fitness center and when ascending and/or descending the stairwell.
- The locker rooms are closed until further notice so please come dressed to work out and please limit the amount of personal items brought into the facility.
- Spotting and/or working in or otherwise sharing equipment is strongly discouraged during this phase.
- The rec gym, multipurpose room, racquet and squash courts, lounge, and the gaming area are closed at this time.
- To sign up for the Ritt Kellogg Climbing Gym, Click HERE
- Equipment will not be available for check out.
- Indoor fitness classes will not be taught until the next phase of opening.
- Restrooms are available upstairs and a single occupancy/gender inclusive restroom is available downstairs.
- When exiting the fitness center, please follow posted signage and use the east facing doors just south of the rec gym (when walking through the rec gym balcony seating area).
- Professional staff will be available to help.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and understanding as we all work through this together.
If you have any questions please reach out to Chris Starr or Wes Kosel.
The popular Colorado College Adam F. Press Fitness Center is one of the finest of its kind among liberal arts colleges. The 30,000 square-foot, the multi-level facility offers a full complement of fitness machines and state of the art equipment. With floor to ceiling windows that offer panoramic views of the Front Range and Pikes Peak, the setting provides an inspiring environment for the entire Colorado College community to stay in shape.
At the Adam F. Press Fitness
The upper floor is dedicated to cardiovascular training with over 55 pieces of aerobic equipment to include treadmills, stair climbers, ellipticals, AMTs, rowers, recumbent, spin and upright bikes, as well as an upper-body ergometer.
The lower level focuses on strength training and features a variety of selectorized weight machines, free weights,
Other offerings within the facility are a multi-purpose exercise studio, the recreation gymnasium, squash and racquetball courts,