Submit a proposal
Criteria for Proposal
Proposals for First Mondays events should take into consideration the purpose of the series, and the breadth of the audience. Thus, the committee will look for the following in selecting First Mondays events, topics, or performances that:
- is academic in nature and has interdisciplinary interest
- has broad appeal and is accessible to a general campus audience
- may address issues relevant today
The Academic Events committee, in conjunction with the Blue Key Honor Society, oversees the administration of the First Mondays events program. Departments, divisions, or student groups may submit proposals for events in blocks 2-7 of the academic year.
- Before submitting proposal, please review the online calendar to ensure that the requested date is available.
- Determine that your speaker is available on the date to be proposed, and secure funding, if needed.
- Complete the online proposal form.
- The Committee will review at our next meeting during week three of the following block.