Project Request Form
Please fill out this project request and submit it to the Communications Office. Complete the entire form, where applicable, before submitting.
For photography requests, use this form.
There are currently ? projects in the queue for this quarter
The earliest time we would be able to address your project is ?
? high level projects*
? recurring projects
? new projects this week
? all other office & dept projects
* The Office of Communications tells stories that define Colorado College and advance its mission through media including web, print, social media, media relations, photography, video, and our magazine, the Bulletin. While we aim to provide professional and creative services for all campus communications, we must prioritize projects for the offices of the President, Admission, and Advancement, and those that further the college’s strategic plan.
NOTE: The creative team requires four weeks for every project. This does not include time for printing and mailing. In addition to this time, allow up to 10 business days for printing and for mailing when planning your project. The production schedule does not start until all content has been submitted, unless the Communications Office will be creating/co-creating the content.
Before filling out this form, please make sure you have read and understand our project completion times. Please direct questions to the Communications Office at X6603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This form will take less than 10 minutes to complete.
Approximate Project Completion Times
Writing Help (word count?): 2 days to 1 week
Graphic Update (web): 1 week
Poster/Flyer: 2 weeks (8.5 x 11, 1 sided, less than 50 word count)
Advertisement (reformat existing): 1 week
Advertisement (new digital): 3 weeks
Advertisement (new print): 3 weeks
Postcard: 2 weeks (1 sided, non-mailer, less than 50 word count)
Social Media: 1-2 weeks
Media Relations: 2-4 weeks
Photographer (internal): GROUP PHOTO: 1 week (up to 10 people)
Brochure: 4 weeks
Booklet Brochure: 6 weeks, up to 12 pages
Email Newsletter: 3 weeks (includes gathering content)
Digital Presentation: 4 weeks (PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi; includes gathering content)
Event Program: 3 weeks
Web Landing Page (static): 4 weeks
Web Landing Page (dynamic): 6 weeks
Print Campaign/Mailer: 4 weeks (2-sided postcard/flyer/mailer, more than 50 word count)
Photographer (outside contractor): 4 weeks
Photographer (internal): GROUP PHOTO: 2 weeks (10-20 people)
Multi-page booklet: 8 weeks (more than 12 pages)
Web Form: 2 weeks
Formal Invitation: 4 weeks
Annual Report: 12 weeks
Marketing Campaign (web, digital, and print):12-24 weeks
Photographer (internal/outside contractor): MULTI-DAY EVENT: 4 weeks
Photographer (internal): GROUP PHOTO: 3 weeks (more than 20 people)
Video (unscripted and less than 2 minutes): 8 weeks
Video (scripted or longer than 2 minutes): 14 weeks
PLEASE NOTE: The times listed above are for production only. Please add an additional 1-2 weeks for printing.
What happens next?
- A project manager will respond to your request within 48 hours by email or phone.
- We will call to confirm the project request, to ask any questions, and to determine the optimal schedule to complete your project.
- We will more than likely set-up an initial meeting to discuss the scope of the project, to discern the most successful messaging to achieve your communications goals, and to agree upon tasks and deadlines.
- The project manager will send you an invite to Basecamp, the project management system we use in Communications to collaborate on and complete projects. Basecamp is preferable to communicate about projects, rather than email. You will receive instructions on how to use Basecamp. More information about Basecamp can be found here: www.basecamp.com/help.
- If you have any questions about this form or process, please email Naomi Trujillo.
The Office of Communications is located on the 4th floor of Spencer Center, at 830 N. Tejon St.
We can be reached via telephone at 719-389-6603 or via email at email@example.com