The Compensation Committee
The compensation committee is a recommending body which meets blockly to discuss issues of compensation on behalf of the employees of Colorado College. Each year, the committee provides official recommendations to the college’s budget committee regarding salary adjustments for both staff and faculty. The committee may also recommend changes to employee benefits.
The Colorado College Compensation Philosophy
Colorado College strives to provide a high-quality liberal arts education to a diverse community of students. Achieving this mission requires an equally diverse group of highly qualified employees who are rewarded and recognized for their contributions. Therefore, the College supports a compensation program that:
- Is aligned with the College’s mission, is administered in a financially sustainable manner, and is in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- Provides compensation that is competitive within appropriate labor markets and takes into account living wage principles.
- Promotes performance excellence and encourages career development and advancement by rewarding achievements and outcomes.
- Administers compensation in a fair and flexible manner.
- Values campus and community engagement and work/life balance.