The Ruth Barton Writing Center
The Writing Center, located in Tutt Library's Colket Center for Academic Excellence, offers both scheduled and walk-in consultations. During consultations, students can:
- Receive single or ongoing assistance on any writing piece, at any stage of the process*
- Meet with tutors who share their interests and majors
- Consult with an English as a Second Language Specialist
- Practice and receive feedback on oral presentations
- Use our library of reference books, including the latest citation guides
First Year Portfolios are due this block, on Monday, May 9th.
For information on the Class of 2019 (and beyond) Writing Progress and Portfolio Requirements, please click here.
We're also offering some help this block in the form of workshops:
On Monday, May 2nd, we'll host a 'Reflective Writing/Portfolio Essay' workshop: come to TLC3 from 3:30-4:30 pm to get some guidance on how to write your essay.
On Sunday, May 8th, we'll host a 'Portfolio Reflective Essay: Write-in:' come to TLC3 any time from 1-3 pm to write your essay alongside others and receive help from our tutors.
LIKE us on Facebook to receive news and invitations to workshops and other special events that are sponsored by The Ruth Barton Writing Center!
The Writing Center also works with faculty to provide resources and classroom assistance. For additional information, please see our Writing Center Resources For Faculty page.
*While the Writing Center provides opportunities for collaborative feedback on individual writing pieces, the quality of the final product always rests with the writer.