Orientation at CC is designed to introduce you to all aspects of campus life - inside and outside of the classroom. Regardless of if you are starting class at CC in the Fall or will be joining us in the Winter, Orientation is a required program for all new students.
Fall New Student Orientation 2020 (NSO) will take place from August 15, beginning with move-in at 8 am, and will run through the first day of classes on Monday, August 24. Winter Start Orientation (WSO) will begin on Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 8 am and run until January 18.
The on-campus portion of the schedule is intended to give you opportunities to learn about campus resources and important aspects of college life in large groups as well as the opportunity to dive deeper into your own specific areas of interest and give you plenty of opportunities to make new friends. After you have completed the on-campus Orientation, all new students head off-campus for their Priddy Experience, an opportunity to spend time with new classmates while doing service work and exploring the local area.
By the time Orientation has concluded, it is our goal you have:
- Developed a better understanding of campus resources available to you and how to access these resources.
- Learned about prominent issues on college campuses and engaged in dialogue with peers on these topics.
- Met members of the faculty & staff.
- Had the opportunity to get to know students in your Residence Halls, First Year Experience Course, and Priddy Trip Groups.
- Started to feel at home on campus and excited for the semester ahead.
We are always excited to welcome family members to campus and invite them to participate in the concurrent but separate Family Orientation Program that takes place on: Saturday, August 15, 2020; for planning purposes, we ask that you register any guests for the Family Orientation Program once the RSVP becomes available over the summer. Winter Start Orientation is on Sunday, Jan. 10, 2021 and registration for that program will be made available at a later date.