Faculty & Staff Giving Campaign
We Are Asking You Now
The Faculty and Staff Giving Campaign at Colorado College is an initiative focused on encouraging the people who know the college most intimately to invest in it. Currently 42 percent of CC employees are giving, including 36 percent of staff, 57 percent of faculty, and 42 percent of faculty emeriti. Through their gifts, they are helping provide the college with the financial flexibility to maintain and enhance its strengths.
Our goal is to increase the number of faculty, faculty emeriti, and staff who invest in the college, its students, and programs. There is no dollar goal for this effort; instead, we aim to achieve 75 percent faculty and staff participation by Winter Celebration in December 2017. When we reach this high level of participation, it will show students, parents, and alumni that we care enough about this place to invest in its future — and that they should too.
Investing in the college this way also supports CC’s capital campaign, “Building on Originality – The Campaign for Colorado College.” Campaign goals are to:
- Provide $100 million for scholarships and elimination of program fees
- Allocate $20 million toward faculty and coaches
- Dedicate $40 million for Innovation at CC
- Invest $25 million to renovate Tutt Library
- Raise $25 million in expendable funds through annual giving
- Welcome the $150 million Fine Arts Center
If you haven’t already made a gift to Colorado College, please consider doing so now. Gifts of all size matter, and there are many different funds you can support.
Primary Gift Categories
- Annual Fund
- Scholarship Funds
- General Support of an Academic Department
- Support of an Endowed Professorship in an Academic Department
- The Fine Arts Center at CC
- Tutt Library
- Innovation at CC
- Support of a Non-Academic Department (i.e. The Career Center)
- Summer Music Festival
- State of the Rockies Project
- Outdoor Education
- The Butler Center
- CC Athletics (Or a Particular Team)
- Club Teams
Ways to Give
- Complete the Employee Giving Campaign form.
- Complete the Payroll Deduction Authorization form.
- Make a gift through the secure online giving website.
- Send your donation through interoffice or regular mail to the Office of Advancement, Spencer Center, Room 301, 830 N. Tejon St., CO 80903.
- Call the Office of Advancement to give by phone at (719) 389-7700.
If you have questions, or you’d like to learn about pledges and monthly gifts, gifts of securities, life income gifts, or designating CC in your will or trust, please call Meghan Yingling in the Office of Advancement at (719) 389-6356 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The winner of the Admission/Athletics donor competition will be announced in Block One. Will Ken Ralph’s or Mark Hatch’s team come out on top?
Win a Prize
There will be a grand-prize drawing in December for a week at Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge for up to eight people in summer 2018 as well as monthly drawings for additional gifts. Each person who makes a gift will be automatically entered into these drawings. Those who elect to do payroll deduction will be entered multiple times.*
Congratulations to the winners of pound of coffee from Roasted! A Colorado Coffee Roaster:
- Susan Stuart-Elliott, Athletics
- Stephen Weaver, Geology
*You do not need to make a gift to enter these drawings.
Let Us Know
You work here every day; you know the college better than anyone. So, why do you value CC?
Tell us, and we may share your response on the website or in other materials that lets everyone else in on the behind-the-scenes details about what makes CC great.
I Value CC
We asked you to tell us why you value CC, and the responses are rolling in! Here are just a few of the reasons why you value CC.
I value CC because of their support for arts and humanities programming across campus. In a time of need (possible NEA/NEH elimination), CC's commitment means a lot!
I value CC because it gives me hope for a better world. The opportunities it provides to a wide range of students will create a continual flow of innovative, diverse ideas to solve problems of the world. I'm glad I'm a small part of that.
I value CC because the college offers many opportunities for students and staff. I work hard, but feel spoiled at the same time as I get to take part in events on campus, take classes, see art and performances, and use gym facilities. The people here care about each other and the community.
I value CC because CC values me. (Thank you!) Professional development, advancement opportunities, our students, relationships with colleagues, growth opportunities, celebrations of success. Beautiful place to be.
So, what are your reasons? Fill out the survey, and let us know!