Alumni Association Board Committees
Members of the association board are appointed to staggered 4-year terms and serve on at least one committee. Current committees are:
- assists the Admission Office in managing the existing STRIPES program
- investigates and suggests new opportunities for alumni assistance in the recruiting of qualified prospective students.
- CCase program
STUDENT LIFE COMMITTEE
- works with the Career Center and Student Life Office to assist and support students and alumni in career development
- works with alumni of the College to develop a career referral network
- promotes the culture of philanthropy among alumni and students
- discusses development issues and strategies with annual giving staff
- actively solicits members of the associationboard and its committees to contribute to the College
- The Engagement Committee works with the office of alumni relations to connect communities to the Colorado College experience. Our mission: Connect. Motivate. Have fun.
- Alumni ambassadors share their passion for Colorado College by bringing fun and intellectual adventures to their cities.
- We reach out to alumni, parents and students.
- We strive to provide a range of interactions that satisfy the social, intellectual, community service and athletic interests of our audiences.
- We open the door to deeper commitments to the College, including those of time, money and other resources.
- We support and enhance the efforts of the admissions,development, nominating and student life committees to maximize our collective impact.
- The engagement committee brings the CC spirit home.
- Engagement committee members:
- Collaborate with representatives of other AAB committees to support Colorado College’s mission and create synergy
- Identify best practices in event planning, and communicate those to Ambassadors
- Provide training and guidance for new Ambassadors
- Work with the staff of the Alumni Relations Office to develop and implement activities
- Promote the College’s spirit, mission and vision in their city/region
- Create opportunities for alumni, parents and students to connect outside of the College environment
- Manage a coterie of volunteers who plan events
- nominates candidates for association board membership
- provides candidate recommendations to the Association Board for election as Alumni Trustee
- proposes recipients of Benezet, Worner and Riley, and Spirit of Adventure awards
- recommends candidates for Alumni Honorary Degrees
- proposes nominees for the Distinguished Service Award and any other award designated by the Alumni Association Board