Society for French Historical Studies
61st Annual Conference - L'appel en français
Colorado College is very pleased to announce that it will host the sixty-first annual meeting of the Society for French Historical Studies on its campus in Colorado Springs from Thursday, 16 April, through Sunday, 19 April 2015. Bryant “Tip” Ragan will serve as president of the society for 2015 and will organize the conference.
In keeping with a meeting at a residential liberal arts college, the conference theme will be “Learning and French History.” Topics on the theme may include:
- the history of education and educational institutions
- pedagogy and technology
- thinkers in the past who were interested in learning
- the dynamic dialogue between French history and its sister disciplines
- the teaching of French history outside of the conventional French history classroom (e.g., off-campus, in film studies, in language departments)
- cognition, emotion, and ways of knowing
- intellectual exchanges between Francophone and non-Francophone societies.
François Cusset, professor of American Civilization at the University of Nanterre, has generously agreed to deliver the plenary address.
For any additional information or clarification, please email email@example.com.