Already linked to a document from one of your pages, and now you want that link to go to a different documet? Well, if the old one isn't needed anymore, you can just replace the it rather than uploading a new one and changing all your links.
See the Best Practices section for suggested document preparation and organization.
Replacing Documents From Links in the WYSIWYG:
- Using the Website Browser tab, navigate to the page where you will be replacing the image and double click on the name of the page to preview it.
- Click "Edit" on the Web Page Content item where you want to replace the linked document.
- HIghlight the link.
- Click the "Insert/Edit Link" icon in the toolbar.
- In the dialogue box that comes up, click on the icon to the right of the "Link URL" field and browse to the folder in dotCMS where you have saved the document you want to replace the previous image with
if you haven't already uploaded a document, you can follow the instructions for uploading a document from the WYSIWYG.
- Click on the document you would like to replace the previous document with.
- You are taken back to the "Insert/Edit Link" dialogue box where you will modify the "Title" field if necessary.
- Click the "Insert" button at the bottom when you are done.
Replacing Documents in a Folder:
- Using the Website Browser tab in dotCMS, navigate to the folder where you have saved the document you will be replacing.
- Double click on the name of the document you want to replace to view its properties.
- In the "Upload New File" field, click the "Choose File" button.
- Browse to the file on your computer, select it, and click "Choose".
Note: Make sure the file you are about to use has the same name as the previous file so you don't have to redo any links to the new document.
- Change in the "Title" and "Description" fields if applicable.
- Click "Save" or "Save and Publish".