All application materials are submitted via SlideRoom. Prior to clicking the SlideRoom Application link above you will want to be prepared to:
- Fill out the application form with your personal details
- Provide email contact information for your principal music instructor to request a letter of recommendation
- Attach your audition video. If posting a YouTube or Vimeo link, you will need to have a link to a
high qualityvideo, no longer than 12 minutes, that you have uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo as a "public" or "unlisted" video to allow our reviewers to view it. You may also upload a high qualityvideo directly from your computer or DropBox.
- Pianist only: attach your Piano Repertoire as a PDF or Word document.
- Provide a credit card payment for the non-refundable application fee of $75.
Include two solo works or movements of contrasting styles, showing your technique and musicality, preferably from different time periods.
Wind and brass players
Include the orchestral excerpts listed for your instrument as well as two works or movements of contrasting styles, showing your technique and musicality, preferably from different time periods. Your audition may be solo or accompanied, whichever you feel best showcases your ability. Click on your instrument below to download excerpts. HORN and CLARINET players, please see specific requirements under excerpts.
Pianists should include a movement of a chamber work (sonata, trio, quartet, etc.) performed within the last year. Applicants should also include two solo works – one technical, one lyrical – preferably from different time periods. A portion of
Please include a video of any work with either two pianists or an orchestra. Scott Yoo will be administering a score reading exam over Skype
A resource you may find helpful is How to Create an Awesome Prescreen Recording.
Your audition video: if posting a YouTube or Vimeo link, you will need to have a link to a
Flute excerpts (Afternoon of a Faun: please omit from measure 9 through measure 17, as marked.)
The exposition of the 1st movement of either the Mozart G Major or D Major Concerto is recommended as one of the two works/movements in addition to the excerpts, but not required.
In this order for all applicants.
1. The Debussy Premiere Rhapsodie or the exposition of the 1st movement of the Mozart Concerto through measure 98. 1:30 - (page 1)
2. Rimsky Korsakov, Capriccio Espagnol, 1st mvt, letter C to 11 bars before the end. :30 - (page 3)
3. Stravinsky, Firebird, Variation of the Firebird, complete. 1:30 - (pages 6-7)
4. Brahms, 3rd Symphony, 1st mvt, letter B to 3 after letter C (count all rests) 1:15 - (page 2)
5. Sibelius 1st Symphony, 1st mvt, opening solo. 1:30 - (page 4)
6. Sibelius 1st Symphony, 3rd mvt, :30 - (page 5)
7. Beethoven 6th Symphony, 2nd mvt, 1:00 - (page 4)
The Mozart Bassoon Concerto K. 191. Meas. 35-71 is recommended as one of the two works/movements in addition to the excerpts, but not required.
The exposition of