Skip to main content area Skip to institutional navigation Skip to sub-navigation

Grievances & Appeals

Discrimination Complaints or Grievances. See “Anti-Discrimination Policy” in this section. For further questions, consult the Title IX coordinator Gail Murphy-Geiss (Office: Palmer 131A. Phone: 719-389-6868. E-mail:

Grievances Against Faculty. See Academic Policies and Procedures, Academic Grievances.

Grievances Against Staff. A student with a grievance against a staff member of Colorado College should first attempt to bring their complaint to the staff member’s attention. If you feel unsafe doing so, or fear some kind of reprisal, you may contact the staff member’s direct supervisor to make a complaint. Either of the associate deans of students are available to assist you with concerns. Colorado College chaplains are available for consultation and interpersonal mediation.

Financial Aid Appeals. A student or parent with a concern about a financial aid award should confer with the director, associate director, or assistant director of financial aid to resolve the matter. The student or parent may discuss guidelines to revise a financial aid award or to make an appeal. The financial aid office does not negotiate awards but instead reviews information that fits within our awarding methodology. We do not change or negotiate awards based on comparisons with other colleges.

The Appeal for Consideration of Special Circumstances and the Review of Unemployment Situation forms are available in the financial aid office and on the financial aid office web site. Financial aid staff are available to explain the appeal process to current students. Students should submit forms with detailed information and a rationale that will support the family’s request to the director of financial aid. Significant changes in the family’s income or assets are appealable items. Unresolved matters may be appealed to the Committee on Financial Aid Appeals. The decision of the committee is final.

Parking Appeals. Appeals for tickets can be submitted via the on-line appeals form link located on the parking Web page at or via e-mail to Policy exceptions should be made to the parking office, in care of the parking manager.

Student Account Appeals. If you need to resolve a disputed charge on your account, you must submit a written appeal to the assistant to the vice-president for student life/dean of students, who will forward the appeal to the Student Accounts Review Committee. The committee will review the appeal and determine what adjustment, if any, will be made to your account. This committee normally meets the last Friday of every block. The committee’s decision is final.