Please submit application materials through SUMMIT, CC's online trip management system. The process for submission is as follows:
- Propose your desired trip destination and activity.
- We will provide any necessary recommendations, and then you will be required to complete a detailed group application.
- Once group application is submitted and approved, complete and submit your individual application.
- After digital copy is succesfully submitted, print out your "Trip Packet" through SUMMIT and submit to the Outdoor Education Office.
Detailed instructions on how to submit your application to SUMMIT will be provided to students once they have submitted their Preliminary Proposal.
If you have any questions about the application requirements and process, please contact Chris Dickson (email@example.com). If you have any technical questions about using SUMMIT, please contact the Outdoor Education Office (719) 389-6943.
Applicants are asked to address each of the requirements in their proposals. The proposal process provides the Ritt Kellogg Fund Advisory Committee with the appropriate information needed to make responsible and well-reasoned funding decisions.
- RKMF Expedition Application – Group Application, including the following:
- The specific goal of the expedition
- Firm dates of the expedition and total days in the field
- Plan for team to solidify skills prior to the expedition start
- Travel plans to and from the road head
- Daily itinerary including maps, elevations, route topos, tide charts, etc.
- Equipment list (including contents of first aid kit) and food details
- Leave no trace plan
- Cultural considerations (if applicable)
- List of hazards and associated risk management plans
- Emergency evacuation plans (including hospital, etc. contact info)
- Special measures taken for individuals or area-specific concerns
- Itemized budget including measures being taken to reduce costs
- RKMF Expedition Application – Individual Questionnaire, one per applicant, including the following:
- Signed medical release
- Outdoor-skills résumé
- Photocopies of current WFR Certification cards or letters of enrollment from your intended WFR provider (certification must be in force for the proposal dates; WFR cards are required for CC students as well as non-CC students participating on Ritt Fund trips)
- Proof of certification or letters of enrollment for any outdoor-skills training listed in outdoor-skills résumé
- RKMF Expedition Agreement, one per group
- Participant Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risks & Release and Indemnity Agreement, one per applicant, includes parent signature even if >18 years
The Ritt Kellogg Fund Advisory Committee will review, discuss, and vote on proposals. The considerations will include: compliance with Ritt Fund criteria, preparation of emergency and safety protocols, alignment with Ritt Fund mission, cost effectiveness and other factors.
Advisory Committee members include Kellogg family members, outdoor educators, mountain guides, past Ritt Fund recipients and dear friends of Ritt Kellogg's. The Advisory Committee is committed to the Ritt Kellogg Fund and holds high expectations that proposals be thoughtful, succinct, and follow Ritt Fund Criteria.
Proposals are to be submitted to SUMMIT and the Outdoor Education Office and are due no later than the first day of Half Block. Proposals will be reviewed during Block V and the applicant(s) will receive notice by email at the end of Block VI.