After the Expedition
Ritt Fund recipients have the responsibility to complete several post-expedition tasks as a requirement for receiving funding.
Thank You Letter (within 30 days)
Each Ritt Fund recipient is expected to write their own post-expedition thank you letter to the Kellogg Family. The following should be included in your thank you letter:
- Please tell them your name and class year. If you received an Expedition Grant in the past, please share this as well.
- Briefly describe your trip. Where, what route and for how long, etc.
- What was the goal of your trip? What did you hope to learn and accomplish?
- What was the outcome of your trip? Did you accomplish your goal? What else did you learn? Share stories, anecdotes, but NO close calls.
- Thank the Kellogg Family for this amazing opportunity.
Post-Expedition Report (within 60 days)
A report summarizing each expedition is required. It will serve as a resource for future applicants. Recipients will submit a PDF of the report to the Office of Outdoor Education and the RKMF Program Coordinator within 60 days of the completion of the expedition. The report shall be an expedition description with specific comments on the following:
- Itemized Budget
- Food and rationing
- What worked, what didn't, and why
- Travel logistics
- Permitting/government relations
- Leadership and group dynamics
- Safety and risk management concerns
- Specific route descriptions & concerns
- Two photographs of the expedition participants
- A daily course log
Recipients are required to give a professional slide presentation to the general student body (no longer than 15 minutes). Slide presentations are held in the Fall. As an alternative or in addition to the slide show, recipients may submit an article to the CC Alpine Journal (firstname.lastname@example.org). E-mail your article to the editor of the publication and copy the Program Coordinator (email@example.com) on the correspondence. In addition, please submit a copy of any outside publication to the Program Coordinator.