Consent Form Templates
Please note that the standard consent form and the two survey consent paragraphs have been updated to reflect the IRB's assumption that virtually all student research will be with adults (people 18 years of age or older). These three forms now include an affirmation that the participant is 18 years of age or older. If you are carrying out research with children you would need to design an assent form for your research, and that form would not include the sentence about being 18 or older. Please contact Amanda Udis-Kessler about developing an assent form should you need one.
- Standard Consent Form Template (Use this form for participant interviews)
- Parental Permission Form Template (Use this form in cases where the participant is under the age of 18 and consent must be obtained from the parent)
- Paper Survey Consent Paragraph Template (Use this form for all surveys administered to participants on paper)
- Online Survey Consent Paragraph Template (Use this form for all surveys administered to participants online)
- Release Form for Use of Photograph/Video Recording
The IRB supports human subjects research with no or minimal harm, good consent processes, no deception or debriefed deception, confidentiality or anonymity and the use of fairly chosen participants who can refuse to participate if they choose.
Amanda Udis-Kessler, PhD, Chair