Colorado College Skating School
Skating is a lot of fun, but it can also be frustrating for newcomers without much experience. That's why we recommend joining a learn to skate program that will make the learning process fun and enjoyable. Skating lessons teach the proper skills and techniques needed to skate, while also providing skaters with good fundamental skills that they build upon as they learn figure skating, hockey, or speed skating. Regardless of your skating goals, a learn to skate program is a great place to start the journey.
- Saturday mornings at 9:00am
- Each lesson is 30 minutes with 15 minutes of practice ice after
- Open to Skaters of all ages
- Skaters are divided into groups based on age and ability.
- Skate rentals are included
- Lessons take place prior to Public Skate time, with access after included (which provide up to 2 hours of additional practice time)
- Each student will receive a Public Skate Session punch card to use during the current enrolled session
- Registered Learn to Skate USA Program required** (check their site for more information about lessons and benefits)
**Honnen Ice Area will waive the Learn to Skate registration fee for active duty military families with valid ID. If already registered, Honnen Ice Arena will discount the price of the session by the current registration fee (currently $17.50) for active duty military families.
New Skaters should arrive early to allow time for proper skate fitting.
We also recommend that participants wear proper cold weather attire as the facility may be cold even during warmer times of the year.
- NO REFUNDS
- NO MAKE UP CLASSES
- NO DOUBLE BLADED SKATES
- Under 6 or Beginners must wear helmet (Not provided)
September 23rd - November 18th
8 Week Session
$120 (plus Yearly $17.25 Learn to Skate USA Membership fee**)
November 25th - December 16th
4 Week Session
$60 (plus Yearly $17.25 Learn to Skate USA Membership fee**)