Learn to Skate
Colorado College Skating School
Skating is a lot of fun, but it can also be frustrating for newcomers without much experience. That's why we recommend joining a learn to skate program that will make the learning process fun and enjoyable. Skating lessons teach the proper skills and techniques needed to skate, while also providing skaters with good fundamental skills that they build upon as they learn figure skating, hockey, or speed skating. Regardless of your skating goals, a learn to skate program is a great place to start the journey.
- 1 Session (6 weeks) ............................$90
- Saturday mornings (times vary)
- Each lesson is 30 minutes
- Open to Skaters of all ages
- Skaters are divided into groups based on age and ability.
- Skate rentals included
- Lessons take place prior to Public Skate time most weekends, with access after included (which provides up to 2 hours of additional practice time, if available)
- Registered Learn to Skate USA Program required (check their site for more information about lessons and benefits. This is a yearly registration only)
What to Bring?
- Warm layers, it can get cold in the rink
- A Helmet (Required for all Snow Plow Sam students and any new skaters) Examples Below:
- Ski or Snowboard
- Gloves (recommended)
- Positive Attitude
New Skaters should arrive early to allow time for proper skate fitting by our expert staff!
Small Print Stuff:
- NO Refunds
- NO Make up classes
- NO Double bladed skates