Freestyle Details & Guidelines
Honnen Freestyle Guidelines
General Session Information
- Free skate sessions will consist of those skaters doing freestyle, solo ice dance, moves in the field, pre-juvenile couples ice dance and hockey skating skills only.
- Juvenile couples ice dance and higher levels will not be allowed on free skate sessions at this time, due to the level of skaters that comprise the free skate sessions.
- Hockey skating skills private lessons may be taught on free skate sessions by approved and qualified instructors.
- Approval from rink management is required prior to scheduling hockey lessons on free skate sessions.
- Pair skating at any level will not be permitted on free skate ice sessions at this time due to the level of skaters that comprise the free skate sessions.
- Skaters testing in the partner dance track will be allowed to practice with a partner prior to their test date on free skate sessions for that purpose only.
- Free skate sessions are limited to 25 skaters; on a first come, first served basis.
- Skaters and coaches should act in respectful manner at all times while skating at the Honnen Ice Arena, faillure to do so may result in ejection from the facility.
- Skaters doing their program are required to wear sash at all times.
- Programs music is played in rotation, no lesson or skater may monopolize the music during sessions.
- No program music will be played on the arena system during public skate, but use of a hand held boom box is permitted.
- Lessons do not have right of way on public skating sessions.
- Jump harness use is limited to coaches and students during free skate sessions, but not during public sessions.
ICE FEES AND SESSION PUNCH CARDS
- Skaters are required to check-in and pay all ice fees at the arena office prior to taking the ice for the session.
- Colorado College community members are required to check in and present a valid Gold Card at the arena office prior to taking the ice for the session.
- Punch cards for free skate sessions are available at the Honnen Ice Arena office at a discounted rate.
- All skaters unable to present their punch card will be charged the walk-on rate of $15.00 per session.
- All Punch cards expire 6 months from the date of purchase.
- No contract is required to purchase a punch card.
- Punch cards are the responsibility of the skater. Honnen will not issue any refunds for lost or stolen cards.
- Free skate sessions are charged on a per session basis. No refunds, discounts, or credits will be given for time not used by skaters.
- Partner ice time (for dance test partners) will be paid at the skaters punch card rate of $9.00 per session or the drop in rate of $15.00 per session.
- All monies will be made payable to Colorado College or Honnen Ice Arena.
- Approval of Honnen Ice Arena Management is required before coaches are allowed to hold private lessons during Honnen programming.
- Coaches seeking approval should email Honnen management their current contact information, proof of insurance, and any other relevant qualifications (This is only a request, coaches will be notified when approved by Honnen management).
- All coaches must be in compliance with all current coaching requirements for their level of expertise to be granted coaching privileges at the Honnen Ice Arena.
- Honnen management reserves the right to refuse or revoke coaching privileges at any time, and for any reason.
- Coach’s will be charged at a rate of 15% of the students lesson fee.
- All coaches are expected to pay all fees before or at the end of their lessons.