The FYE Mentor Program – What to expect
Every FYE course has at least one peer mentor assigned to it to help you with the transition to college and to help ease you into the Colorado College community. These peer mentors are outstanding students in their sophomore through senior years at CC. They are hand-picked by the FYE faculty and are there to help you both academically and socially. Here is a brief overview of what to expect from your FYE mentor throughout your first year at Colorado College.
- Tuesday, August 26 – Group meeting to get introduced to your FYE classmates and your FYE mentor prior to the first class meeting later that day
- Tuesday, August 26 – Your FYE mentor will attend the first class meeting with you to discuss the NSO book with your FYE professors.
- Individual and small group meetings with your FYE mentor
- Group activities (these may involve free food!)
- Wednesday, September 10 meeting to discuss study skills, time management on the block plan, etc.
- September 29 – October 10, Pre-registration advising: your FYE mentor will meet with you individually to help you to register for classes and to understand the point system used at CC for registration
Blocks 3 and 4:
- Your FYE mentor will continue to provide you with academic and social support throughout the year, even though the FYE course is officially over at the end of block 2. They will be there for you until the end of the year and many people remain friends with their FYE mentors for years to come!
Blocks 5 – 8:
- Group activity to reconnect with your FYE classmates after the winter break
- Wednesday, March 25: your FYE mentor will host a group meeting with you to discuss preparations for sophomore year and to begin the pre-registration advising process
- Pre-registration advising: Once more, your FYE mentor will meet with you individually to help with registration just as they did in block 2.