All College Requirements
In order to graduate from Colorado College you need to fulfill the following requirements:
- meet the established all-college requirements (see below);
- identify and complete a major;
- complete 32 units of coursework;
- maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher.
As you choose your FYE, you should consider whether it will help you fulfill your all-college requirements for graduation.
All-College Requirements – an overview
For details, see the Course Catalog.
First-Year Experience (FYE) Seminar
- A two-block course (linked individual courses or two-block course) that you take as your first course on campus (2 units)
- (W) The West in Time (one two-block course, 2 units)
- (G) Global Cultures (1 unit)
- (S) Social Inequality (1 unit)
- (I or L) Scientific Investigation of the Natural World, Inquiry or Lab (2 units, including at least one lab or field course)
- (Q) Quantitative Reasoning (1 unit)
Courses may meet more than one designation (for example, a course may be designated both “West in Time” and “Global Cultures”) but students must choose one designation or the other, except in the case of “Quantitative Reasoning,” which may be fulfilled along with any of the other Critical Perspectives requirements. Courses of one half unit credit, and, independent study and reading courses do not count toward Critical Perspectives requirements.
Foreign Language Requirement
- (Lang) Two blocks of college-level language (2 units)
The online Course Catalog includes detailed descriptions of the majors and minors Colorado College offers.