We are committed to helping you reach your fitness goals through individualized support and guidance, therefore the Adam F. Press Fitness Center offers the opportunity for FREE fitness consultations and personalized work out plans to all members. Working one on one or in a group with a strength and condition coach will help provide you with knowledge and ability to not only help obtain your specific fitness goals but to also develop lifelong skills to achieve optimal health and well-being. All levels of fitness are welcome, from novice exercisers to athletes training for a specific sport!
To register for a fitness consultation, contact Wes Kosel - Assistant Director of the Fitness Center for an initial meeting. During the initial meeting plan on discussing your individual fitness goals and reviewing your current exercise program.
Bootcamp@CC is a free fitness program for all members of the Adam F. Press Fitness Center that combines strength, endurance, cardio, and plyometric workouts in a fun, motivating atmosphere. Bootcamp group exercise classes focus on improving functional fitness by using strength equipment (dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells), conditioning equipment (slam balls, battle ropes, and cardio equipment), and bodyweight movements. Each class is 60 minutes and includes a warm-up, a demo of the exercises, and a full-body workout. Attendees can expect to learn about safe lifting technique and will be exposed to a wide variety of movements and workouts. No experience is needed and all workouts can be adjusted for each individual’s abilities.
Location: Adam F. Press Fitness Center
Morning Bootcamp: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays @ 7:00am
Lunch Bootcamp: Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 12:30pm
Fit 4 Life
Fit4Life@CC is a free fitness program that aims to help our retirees and their spouses/significant others/domestic partners establish a healthy and fun fitness routine. Fit4Life exercise classes focus on improving functional fitness, strength, endurance, and balance.
Each class is between 30-45 minutes and includes a warm-up, a demo of the exercises, and a full-body workout. We meet Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings each week; attend as your schedule permits.
Attendees can expect to learn how to perform bodyweight exercises, use strength equipment (dumbbells, kettlebells, and fixed barbells), conditioning equipment (slam balls, battle ropes, and cardio equipment), and more! No experience is needed and all workouts can be adjusted for each individual’s abilities.
Location: Adam F. Press Fitness Center
Day/Time: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays @ 10:00am
Questions? Contact Wes Kosel, Assistant Director - Fitness Center at email@example.com or (719) 389-6112
Group Fitness Classes
The Adam F. Press Fitness Center offers a variety of group fitness classes throughout the academic year that aims to provide a way to reduce stress and to develop positive health and fitness habits. The diverse selection of classes is dictated by the campus community. Expect each instructor to bring their own unique background and interests, so class style may vary depending on the instructor. In addition, schedules are constantly evolving and updating throughout the academic year due to the block schedule. Updated schedules can be found on the left side of this page, make sure to check and see the new offerings each block!
Overall the goal of group fitness is to offer a variety of opportunities for members of the Colorado College community to enjoy the benefits of cardiovascular, flexibility and strength training through safe, fun, and effective classes. We encourage and invite individuals of all fitness levels to participate, as classes are led with an emphasis on fitness, form, and function. Try all the classes, find a class and instructor that best fits your goals and get a great workout!
Note: Due to the academic priority of our instructors, we delay publication of the group fitness schedule until 5:00 pm on the first Monday of the Block.
- 6 Pack Abs | A quick and effective way to target your abs. Focus on strengthening and toning your midsection, while promoting a healthy back and core.
- Bootcamp | Looking to take your cardio and strength to the next level? Circuit training drills drive your cardio endurance up while keeping your muscles loaded for strength training. This class combines simple athletic drills in a unique fitness environment that will motivate you to finish hard and strong.
- Boxing | Run by CCs boxing club, this class will focus on the technique of boxing, from punches to footwork. Do not mistake this class for kickboxing, its geared toward those who are looking to learn or are dedicated to the sport.
- HIIT | High-Intensity Interval Training is a training idea in which low to moderate intensity intervals are alternated with high-intensity intervals.
- Latin Dance | Learn how to dance different Latin rhythms. Bring your joy, passion, and dance moves to what will be a mixture of styles, such as salsa, merengue, bachata, bolero, swing criollo, tango and more!
- POP Pilates | POP Pilates is Pilates like you've never seen before. It's an incredible fusion of ab-chiseling,
totalbody defining moves choreographed to your favorite Top 40 hits.
- Salsa | Come learn this popular form of social dance! While the dance's name was coined in New York, Salsa represents a mix of Latin musical genres.
- Total Body Fitness | A fun mix of cardio, strength
andtoning. This total body, high-intensity style program utilizes free weights, resistance and body weight, intervals, endurance andplyometrics. No two classes are ever the same.
- Yoga | This is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices originated in ancient India. Our classes focus on the system of physical techniques in terms of the broad conception of yoga, known as Hatha yoga. Hatha increases strength, flexibility, and awareness of the body; relaxation techniques help with stress relief. Within this practice, there is a variety of offerings including sunrise yoga, employee-focused yoga, yin yoga, bedtime yoga, and acro yoga.
- Yoga Sculpt | When muscle meets yoga, Yoga Sculpt is born. Boost metabolism and build lean muscle mass as you move to upbeat tracks. This class combines the power of free weights, body weight resistance, plyometrics, cardio, and yoga to create one true full body work out!
- Zumba | A Latin-inspired cardio-dance workout that uses music and choreographed steps to form a fitness party atmosphere. While many of the types of dance and music featured in the program are Latin American inspired, classes can also contain everything from jazz to African beats to
countryto hip-hop and pop.