Institute on Block Plan and Intensive Teaching and Learning
Watch live at 4 p.m. MDT (GMT - 6) on July 6th and 7th: https://www.coloradocollege.edu/live/
In recent years, colleges and universities across the country and the world have shown increasing interest in block plan and intensive course schedules. Such interest has only intensified in response to threats posed by the global pandemic. Although Colorado College had to cancel our in-person Block Plan Institute this summer, we are restructuring elements from our original program and will offer two webinars with colleagues from around the globe.
July 6, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. MDT (GMT - 6) - Block Plan and Intensive Teaching & Learning Fundamentals
July 7, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. MDT (GMT - 6) - Block Plan and Intensive Teaching & Learning Goes Remote
Register for either or both days here: http://tiny.cc/BPI. Even if you can't make the webinars, please use the same link if you'd like to join colleagues in future Block Plan and Intensive Teaching & Learning endeavors.
July 6, 2020 at 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time (GMC - 6) - Block Plan and Intensive Teaching & Learning Fundamentals
(4 x 10 minute presentations + Q&A)
- Transitioning from Semesters to Blocks: A Case Study from Victoria University, Melbourne (John Weldon, Victoria University)
- Experience One: Analysis of a decade of immersion scheduling and experiential learning at the University of Montana Western (Rob Thomas, University of Montana Western)
- Teaching and Learning in Block Plan and Intensive Courses (Traci Freeman, Colorado College; Jen Rouse, Cornell College)
- Approaching Block Design: Learning Opportunities and Community (Jeff Warren, Quest University)
July 7, 2020 at 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time (GMC - 6) - Block Plan and Intensive Teaching & Learning Goes Remote
(3 x 10 minute presentations + extensive Q&A)
- Lessons Learned: Designing Effective Online Block and Intensive Courses (Marcia France, Duke Kunshan University)
- Faculty Support for Transitioning Block and Intensive Courses Online (Bethany Blankenship and Justin Mason, University of Montana Western)
- Active and Experiential Learning Online (Drew Cavin, Colorado College)
Explore the previously planned Institute and program here.